Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@velovoice OK thanks, I don't mean to pressure you into it, so if the stars align great, if not we'll manage, getting lost is part of the fun^_^. Summer has just started so no hurry, I'm hopeful of finding some more good ones over the coming months, so the hard bit may be agreeing on the shortlist.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
^_^Thanks. Instagram? Crikey no I hate all that social meediya, I 'de-activated' from Facebook about 5 years ago as I reached saturation point with pics of peoples lunches and baby snaps and could'nt even feign interest any longer:whistle:. ...and don't even get me started on Twitter. I have renamed them the unholy trinity of Faceache, Twa**er and Instabore.

Haha sorry I just re-read that back and I sound a right tedious curmudgeon. Hmm @Nigel182 asked about a ride. I'm just a bit wary of leading a hoard of people I don't know, with unknown cycling ability around central London, but if others are keen, and take full responsibility for their own actions, and I get some help with planning and on the day, then I guess we could do one. We can then start a separate ride thread and try and get a rough idea of numbers wanting to come along, pick some favourites, and then pick some routes....and hope they are not painted over before we get to them! Meeting up over a beer on a warm summers afternoon to thrash out the details sounds like the makings of a plan coming together..... I'm away in Wales for a chunk of June, but we can maybe arrange this for some time in July? I have started writing down the locations of all of mine to help with any planning.

Maybe we can rope in @velovoice too if she is available/interested as she sounded like a ride leader and a bit of S.London mural jedi^_^?

In keeping with sounding like a grumpy Luddite festering in the corner of an old folks home (which I'm not honest^_^)...here's some street art from Carlingford Rd of some TV stars from yesteryear, before telly was in colour, and a selfie meant a self addressed envelope^_^
View attachment 352580
View attachment 352581
View attachment 352582
View attachment 352583

Rather generically, I refer to Facebook etc. as "antisocial media". Whatever happened to talk?

As for your new thread comment, I've been thinking for quite a while that this thread has evolved into a 'Bike in front of a mural on a wall', so perhaps that could serve both the ride and the murals in one thread...

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Rather generically, I refer to Facebook etc. as "antisocial media". Whatever happened to talk?

As for your new thread comment, I've been thinking for quite a while that this thread has evolved into a 'Bike in front of a mural on a wall', so perhaps that could serve both the ride and the murals in one thread...

I declared many pages back on this thread that this was now all about the walls for me, I like the contrast of how this thread jumps from some urban art to some dry stone wall in the wilderness, sometimes with the focus on the bike, sometimes not. Besides there's a 101 threads of 'post your every conceivable type of bicycle contraption here' threads. I'm not trying to steer it in any direction, all posts welcome, bikes and walls are the criteria....and to be honest we've been pretty slack on what constitutes a wall^_^.

Having said that I appreciate this isn't my thread, so I'll happily make a street art thread and move all my pics there, and we can continue any possible ride chatter in there, if a few more peeps holla for me to do so, I'm fine with that.

porteous

Veteran
My pathfinder.jpg

My 1956 Pathfinder

booze and cake

probably out cycling
At the end of today's ride I stopped off in Penge again after getting tipped off there was more art work there. These in st Johns Rd. First up another fox like I'd seen in Turnpike Lane. Is this a Andy Warhol Campbell's soup reference?
P1010508_zpsjiqjpybe.jpg

P1010509_zpsaxjwapkd.jpg

P1010513_zps9nvku7yb.jpg

This bin bag graffiti is brilliant
P1010506_zpsznxunsum.jpg

And round the corner is this whopper
P1010516_zpsq5ttw9w0.jpg

And from my ride today here's a Charles Darwin mural from Market Square Bromley
P1010505_zpskglukt0s.jpg

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
As above....

IMG_7960.JPG

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
^_^Thanks. Instagram? Crikey no I hate all that social meediya, I 'de-activated' from Facebook about 5 years ago as I reached saturation point with pics of peoples lunches and baby snaps and could'nt even feign interest any longer:whistle:. ...and don't even get me started on Twitter. I have renamed them the unholy trinity of Faceache, Twa**er and Instabore.

Haha sorry I just re-read that back and I sound a right tedious curmudgeon. Hmm @Nigel182 asked about a ride. I'm just a bit wary of leading a hoard of people I don't know, with unknown cycling ability around central London, but if others are keen, and take full responsibility for their own actions, and I get some help with planning and on the day, then I guess we could do one. We can then start a separate ride thread and try and get a rough idea of numbers wanting to come along, pick some favourites, and then pick some routes....and hope they are not painted over before we get to them! Meeting up over a beer on a warm summers afternoon to thrash out the details sounds like the makings of a plan coming together..... I'm away in Wales for a chunk of June, but we can maybe arrange this for some time in July? I have started writing down the locations of all of mine to help with any planning.

Maybe we can rope in @velovoice too if she is available/interested as she sounded like a ride leader and a bit of S.London mural jedi^_^?

In keeping with sounding like a grumpy Luddite festering in the corner of an old folks home (which I'm not honest^_^)...here's some street art from Carlingford Rd of some TV stars from yesteryear, before telly was in colour, and a selfie meant a self addressed envelope^_^
View attachment 352580
View attachment 352581
View attachment 352582
View attachment 352583
That sounds like the sort of plan I like @booze and cake - kind of vague but with an underlying intent:becool:
I've never led a ride myself but hey, what could possibly go wrong:cycle:

In the meantime here's a mundane garden wall but it helps show off my new, posh tyres...
20170521_181028.jpg
20170521_173207.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
That sounds like the sort of plan I like @booze and cake - kind of vague but with an underlying intent:becool:
I've never led a ride myself but hey, what could possibly go wrong:cycle:

In the meantime here's a mundane garden wall but it helps show off my new, posh tyres...
View attachment 353443 View attachment 353444

^_^ yeah sorry but my work and recreation plans over summer are'nt clear yet, so rather than set a date and maybe have to cancel or reschedule, I'd prefer to wait until the first few weeks in July when I'll know more, but thanks for offer of help, as you say I'm sure we can manage. I'll PM you in July and we'll set the wheels in motion.

Back to the walls, these two are on neighbouring roads in Hackney, Cremer St and Gorsuch Place
P1010538_zps243xjbox.jpg

P1010536_zpsab6ienvy.jpg

Top Bottom