Your cycling attitudes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
What outcomes are you looking for with the info from this study? Do you have a practical design project to work on or some kind of hypothesis you're testing?

Done

But
Do cycle lanes impact your journey?
made me laugh (a hollow, sad laugh). Please do try and visit Leeds - cycle around for a bit, and (with a straight and serious face) tell me cycle lanes only have positive impacts on my journey.

They are (in very large part)
- not there when you need them;
- when you don't need them, they're there .... and grotesquely incompetently designed and implemented.

Add -
- any number of ****holes in four wheel vehicles who just haven't a clue.

Add again -
- road engineers who are constitutionally illiterate, and entirely unable to comprehend the basic, simple, monosyllabic English of the national standards for cycle lane design.

Hmmm - yes, cycle lanes DO impact my journeys. Every damned day. But positively? Some (and only some) of the newer ones make some attempt to live up to the standards. But, imho, the best use of any government funds devoted to improving cycling would be to torch virtually all cycle lanes as they are laid out at the moment.

Portex

Regular
Cycle lanes are constructed to satisfy the Local Authority so that it can say "we've put in n metres of cycle lane in the city of B...." to the govt. They're not there for cyclists to use for heavens sake! (Most of them anyway).

Bman

Guru
Done.

Again, "Q 14 : Do cycle lanes impact your journey?"

(On road, or shared) Cycle facilities have a negative impact for my journey.

Even dedicated cycling facilities are worse than the road due to meandering peds, glass, leaves and poorly maintained surfaces. The single positive point for dedicated paths are that you dont have to share the road with idiots who feel more important/entitled to use the road than cyclists.

In fact, the mere presence of a nearby facility, makes motorists treat me with much less respect, regardless of the class of road.

I feel we would all be better off without them.

Top Bottom