Your EU result predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
67% turnout
58% in 42% out*

*Euro regulations require the totals add to 100

Regarding a re-count, there is no "national re-count" and re-counts are restricted to local counts as determined locally*. So there will be no "oh, that's too close, we need to re-count every vote" scenario.

*presumably by local people
upload_2016-6-22_18-41-2.jpeg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If there are exit polls we should have a good idea by about half ten.
I've never been asked which way I voted on my way out, but my policy is to tell the pollsters a lie... this is probably why I've never been asked.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've never been asked which way I voted on my way out, but my policy is to tell the pollsters a lie... this is probably why I've never been asked.
Thinking about exit polls again, if they do have them they may well be wildly inaccurate. The predictions from an exit poll are based on the voting swing compared to the previous election, there is no datum line this time.

Regarding a re-count, there is no "national re-count"
Is that true? I mean, it makes sense for house of commons, but if there is 1000 votes in it nation wide, there won't be a recount? I can't understand why you would do one locally. If the national total is clear, what's the point in a recount locally? All the votes are national, it's not like we are taking a single yes/no from each polling place/borough/county/whatever.

(Not an attack on Marmion, just surprised that this is how national referenda work, and too lazy to google it :smile: )

TVC

Thinking about exit polls again, if they do have them they may well be wildly inaccurate. The predictions from an exit poll are based on the voting swing compared to the previous election, there is no datum line this time.
Again from this Radio2 session, there are no exit polls on the TV because there is no way to interpret a small data set given as you say there is no historical data. Apparently YouGov are doing one but the BBC for one are keeping it at arms length.
What they have done instead is model each count area by various demographics to rank them as to which area is most likely to vote in or out. They are then going to feed the early real results in to get a feel of which way it is going, but they admit it could be quite vague.

You don't have exit polls on referendums.
Yes there are. Just not the traditional ones funded by the main parties. They will also mostly be private eg hedge funds.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
[QUOTE 4333477, member: 9609"]will anyone be staying up through the night listening to the results coming in ?[/QUOTE]

Whichever way the vote goes, it's going to affect most of us for the rest of our lives. I think in that case I can wait a few hours to find out - I like my sleep.

TVC

[QUOTE 4333486, member: 9609"]will they not use more people to count?[/QUOTE]
Once more with the Radio2 stuff. There are 399 counting areas each mostly by council area, the smallest Westminster with 7000 voters, the biggest Birmingham with 700,000. Largest geographically and most likely last to declare, Northern Scotland.

First results expected from either Newcastle or Sunderland at about 1am - they have some pointless race going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom