Your Fave band

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sticky sherbert

palinurus said:

the will be my fave next week:biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
User76 said:
No.

Stiff Little Fingers.

That's music for people that don't really like music at the end of the day though, innit? Alternative Ulster? Alternative to music, more like! :biggrin:

Abitrary

pes said:
Squeeze.

(Difford & Tilbrook are the true heroes of brit pop)

I don't really think about bands as being favourites anymore. I did however see james taylor on TV last night - and left me gobsmacked for the first time in years.

Funny, but after hearing 'tempted by the fruit' the other day, I must say that squeeze are the most underrated band ever. I used to like them, but was a bit indifferent because I thought 'oh, that it just what the beatles would sound like if they had kept going...how dull'. But compare oasis and squeeze.

I wonder what liam gallagher thinks of squeeze.

The most single influential band of all time, that completely changed the landscape of what we listen to now, were The Shadows.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
squeeze are the most underrated band ever. I used to like them, but was a bit indifferent because I thought 'oh, that it just what the beatles would sound like if they had kept going...how dull'.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Abitrary

PaulB said:
I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

eh? Don't know what you find likeable in music, but I'll bet something like 'up the junction' has most of it... and in greater quantities than the stuff you currently imagine you like.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Of the ones so far, I could relate to Can and The Fall most. Buzzcocks and The Ramones too. Squeeze had a few good songs, but they had lots of shoot ones too, and they basically were never as good as The Kinks, who they were always looking up to. On some days I could choose The Kinks, but not today. On another day, I could also choose The Velvet Underground. Or Africa 70. Or Love... or... but no, not today.

Today I choose Sly and the Family Stone.

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
Of the ones so far, I could relate to Can and The Fall most. Buzzcocks and The Ramones too. Squeeze had a few good songs, but they had lots of shoot ones too, and they basically were never as good as The Kinks, who they were always looking up to. On some days I could choose The Kinks, but not today. On another day, I could also choose The Velvet Underground. Or Africa 70. Or Love... or... but no, not today.

Today I choose Sly and the Family Stone.

No they were not. Squeeze had their gaze fixed firmly on lennon / mccartney. The chord progressions came first.

The kinks were way too musically angular and laterally emotional that it took about 20 years for a band like blur to try it.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
eh? Don't know what you find likeable in music, but I'll bet something like 'up the junction' has most of it... and in greater quantities than the stuff you currently imagine you like.

Your previous pontifications on The Clash have shown how miniscule your knowledge and appreciation of music is so I have zero wish to discuss the subject any further with you. It would be like discussing marathon running with Heather Trott (big Ev) from Eastenders.

Top Bottom