Your favourite bidon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Inspired by @Randomnerd

Here's mine, a birthday present from the lovely Mrs T a quarter of a century ago or so.

I soon learned metal bottles don't really work on bikes, too much rattling and prone to escape, but I use it for everything else. It's had a few adventures.

Currently on its second top.

20220618_104308.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Here's mine. I lost it some years ago.
1655547255923.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Used to loke my camel baks but the tops eventually got manky after many years. Woud get again, but got a pile of cheap Planet X ones.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I run a pair of transparent Camelbak Podiums which have served me very well (both stashed on the bike and in an elasticated side pocket of my rucksack for general use).. however the tops can be a bit of a swine to clean and I'm growing increasingly concerned that what's trapped inside mine is evolving a superior intelligence..

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
1655711437283.png

freiston

Veteran
I like my nozzle/spout to be covered so as not to get crud off the roads etc. onto it. My experience with conventional plastic bidons is that when full on poor surfaces or inverted, they dribble. I converted to Ion8 leakproof bottles a few years back - they are rigid, have no valve but do have a spout and an air-hole, so you can drink or pour freely from them. The spout & air-hole are covered by a locking lid. They are see-through and have a volume scale on the side, so handy for camping too when measuring water for dehydrated foods etc. I did have to change my bottle cages (they don't have the groove that many cages are designed to use for purchase) and though they can be used one-handed, they are not as easy as a traditional bottle but being as I am quite contented to stop for a swig, this does not bother me in the slightest. I have two bottles, a 1 litre and a 750ml one.
ion8_2.JPG

20190916_184547 crop.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
16557259128388470144927257237367.jpg

Possibly the two I use the most, and a TDF 2012 Wiggins win bottle I got from Cycling Weekly that I don't think I have ever used.
I have 13 other bottles also:ohmy:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I like the High5 ones, (the ones that often come free with the H5 sample packs). They're 750ml so good for a thirsty rider like me, and they work well. I've got 5 of those, 3 newer design, 2 older ones. I've also got a few Camelbak podiums which are okay, although my daughter tends to nick those.
20220620_131617.jpg

Top Bottom