Your Favourite Cartoons & Cartoonists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Glen Baxter's stuff is delightful...

glen-baxter.jpg

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The ones which say 'produced by Fred Quimby' at the end... not just for his surname, but they are the best T&J.
When I was a lad if a T & J cartoon came on I'd chant "Fred Quimby, Fred Quimby" If I failed in my efforts to influence the TV then I'd turn over in disgust!

I still do it now but not out loud

ScotiaLass

Guru
Oh the Tom and Jerry comments made me laugh....my son (autism) was about 10 and was watching i one day when his older brother came into the room.
Brother: Why are you watching that? It's rubbish!
Son: It is not! It's for special kids!
Brother: What???
Son: It's for children who are deaf you moron!!!!!

He thought because there was no talking.....

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Oh the Tom and Jerry comments made me laugh....my son (autism) was about 10 and was watching i one day when his older brother came into the room.
Brother: Why are you watching that? It's rubbish!
Son: It is not! It's for special kids!
Brother: What???
Son: It's for children who are deaf you moron!!!!!

He thought because there was no talking.....
Aren't kids just fantastic :laugh::laugh::laugh:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm quite good at cartoons, though have never published any beyond student mags when I was younger (and I have no copies, sadly).
I wanted to do cartoons/animation for art O level, but was told I couldn't, as I was the only one who wanted to, and it would have meant following a different syllabus, apparently. I struggled with 'regular' painting and drawing, and totally blew my chances when, on a 'passable' painting of a local church, I decided (because it amused me) to add skeletons carrying a coffin. I failed my art O level, but have had a fascination with cartoons ever since.

Snap, I wanted to do art, I remember showing my cartoons (which were top notch) to a couple of idiots running the college, they wanted paintings of stuff, I didn't get in.

If we're talking Tom and Jerry stuff, my faves are Tex Avery, Looney Tunes (Chuck Jones and Bob Clampett are the bestest) and stuff like that, all the major studios had a cartoon dept although most of them are forgotten now, Colombia's was pretty good, one of their best series was Fox and Crow, this one is directed by Frank Tashlin, it's great!

This is my favourite Looney Tunes, Porky Pig's Feet.

I love Peanuts and also Dilbert

Hugs
Archeress x
Plus 1 for Dilbert.

Plus my favourite cartoon was about a barbarian in England. Cannot even remember what it was called now, I think it was Brian, Barry or Bruce the barbarian, was published in the 70's and 80's.
The strip I always remember was about a cricket match and the first 4 pictures were; the opposition team knocking the ball all over the place, the barbarian team suffering to score runs, the opposition team knocking the ball all over the place again and the barbarian team suffering to score runs again as the sun set on the last day of the match.

The last picture showed the 2 captains talking and the opposition captain saying “We scored 978 for 2 declared and 1453 for 3 declared and you were 32 all out and 28 for 9 at 6 on the fifth day and it’s a draw”

And the barbarian captain saying “Yes, it’s a funny game cricket”

Always made me laugh; but, you may have had to see it in real life – for the full effect.

Top Bottom