Your Favourite Cartoons & Cartoonists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What cartoonists do you admire? I have a particular liking for the works of Charles Addams whose work sparked the mid sixties TV series 'The Addams Family' which some of you may remember. I particularly like his dark sense of humour. Here's a couple of his.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Tom & Jerry.

Cracks me up every time.

Now, aged 2yrs 9mths my daughter loves them too.

Timeless.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Not sure about the new ones though, lots of talking which is a bit odd.

As for OP love The Far Side
Tom & Jerry talking!? Now that's just wrong (or I've suddenly become my father...).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm quite good at cartoons, though have never published any beyond student mags when I was younger (and I have no copies, sadly).
I wanted to do cartoons/animation for art O level, but was told I couldn't, as I was the only one who wanted to, and it would have meant following a different syllabus, apparently. I struggled with 'regular' painting and drawing, and totally blew my chances when, on a 'passable' painting of a local church, I decided (because it amused me) to add skeletons carrying a coffin. I failed my art O level, but have had a fascination with cartoons ever since.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm sure I didn't see all the posts saying exactly the same as me when I read through the thread the first time, am I really that slow at typing or is my mind going? :wacko:

Top Bottom