Your favourite childhood toys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I had that as well, throw it out of the bedroom window, watch it drop, if it opened properly, run downstairs and out the front door to collect it, then back upstairs to repeat.

I soon got bored of that and took it to an open field to try and sling it straight up, but only being eight years old it didn't get very high.

Something like that 😂

Just remembered
I had a gun thing that fired a bolt of air - very loudly

it dissipated pretty quick but it could knock Christmas cards over at a couple of yards

and REALLY confused wasps in summer

did I mention it was loud??

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I also had a ragdoll which I was gifted by a family friend that I absolutely loved. All the other dolls I was given I largely ignored, and they were shoved up on the loft still in their boxes.
Like I say, I used to play with my big sister's old Cabbage patch one called 'Lynnette', complete with a soft toy body and plastic head. She was just like a teddy to me, albeit, a 'person teddy'. ☺️😆
We used to enjoy playing with bullets as a kid. We'd throw them on a fire, put them in a vice and smack them with a hammer, or rest them on a brick and fire at the primer with an air rifle to light them up. The latter took real skill from any distance.
... Did Social Services ever call round? 😆

Like I say, I used to play with my big sister's old Cabbage patch one called 'Lynnette', complete with a soft toy body and plastic head. She was just like a teddy to me, albeit, a 'person teddy'. ☺️😆

... Did Social Services ever call round? 😆

They are probably buried somewhere near!

As an aside - when I was little a Social Worker turned to to see if everything was OK

probably because my Dad was disabled - injured in the War and walked with a stick and leg irons

My Dad ended up chasing him/her out of the house when he got fed up with questions along the lines of
"Does he take sugar??"

My Dad was very calm and slow to anger - only even heard of him riled up a couple of time - that Social Worker must have REALLY been an idiot concerning disabled people

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Better to buy direct and new. www.mamod.co.uk

Mmm £300, maybe worth buying one and keeping it in the unopened box as an investment? 🤔 It'd probably be years though before it becomes worth more than you paid for it and if they're making many of them it'll never really become 'valuable'.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Not my best toy but i remember being inseparable from this hideous 70s thing when i was about 2. One of my earliest memories is dragging it behind me to the shops.

1699888750650.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Mine is still in its box - along witha lumber wagon

The wagon is in perfect condition

I do get the traction engine running every now and again

not at all sure how safe that is but "what could possibly go wrong"

should use it to teach the kids about history and engineering - but I'm not sure
a) they would be suitably impressed
b) not sure how safe it is - they are good and not being silly with hot thing - but what if it explodes!!
The safety valve should blow first.

DRM

Guru
I had that as well, throw it out of the bedroom window, watch it drop, if it opened properly, run downstairs and out the front door to collect it, then back upstairs to repeat.

I soon got bored of that and took it to an open field to try and sling it straight up, but only being eight years old it didn't get very high.

The parachute was hit & miss as to if it would open, one of my Action Men used it in conjunction with the Parachute Regiment outfit, until it didn't open and was given a medical discharge due to losing a leg!

Top Bottom