1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favourite fashion era from the past

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 6 Sep 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...ok I'm looking at this from a male perspective....I like the fifties long skirts ...oh yes and the eighties leg warmers

..on the ladies I mean...on the ladies...:biggrin::rolleyes:

..yes I know it's a nothing subject but I'm bored tonight:biggrin:

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

People say that the 70's was hideous for fashion but I quite like it, have to say.

3. longers

longers Veteran

No idea, but summer is best for seeing what the female species is wearing.

4. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

That even works in scotland, despite the rubbish weather - I think it's a biological clock thing - come the summer months, rain or shine the kit comes off...wierd

5. longers

longers Veteran

It's not weird it's good, and been too few this year.:biggrin:

6. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

..true , but where to they all go in the winter?

7. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Any era where tweed is the garment of choice in the day time and black tie the garment of choice in the night time (the 20s?)

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

As Lenny Henry once said, "We had style in the seventies, oh yes we did, it was crap mind"
    the late 80's, early 90's for me though

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Any hot summer's day here: loose skimpy cotton dresses and blouses, and just being to make out the shape and colour of a thong. :biggrin:
    ..on the ladies I mean...on the ladies... :biggrin::rolleyes:

10. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

It's all year round here in the North-East! On a Friday and Saturday night, anyway! :biggrin::biggrin:

My fave era is the 50s (before I was born, mind) when all women seemed to have large and very pointy breasts...

11. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

60's, picture slim fitting suits, narrow lapels, tapered trousers with two inch turn ups, crisp white shirts and narrow ties...then someone like frank sinatra, samm davis jr, dean martin etc all the kings of hollywood wearing them...can you picture it...i knew you could!

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

is that what the ladies were wearing in the 60's;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

mmmmmmmmmm fair comment, was'nt certain this thread was gender specific!

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I don't know if it was supposed to be either, but what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

post punk and alternative 80s. flares were shite in the 70s and i couldn't believe they made a comeback.

on the minus side, i doubt i'd look as dashing in stretched jeans these days :biggrin: