Your favourite film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
i have a few favourites

one flew over the cuckoo's nest
The deer Hunter
The night of the Hunter
toto the hero
delicatessen
school for scoundrels

Mr Phoebus

gary r said:
i have a few favourites
The deer Hunter
;):becool::sad::becool::biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Carnival of Souls, Dark Star, Silent Running, Flash Gordon, The Time Machine, Sammy Going South, Death Drums Along the River, School for Scoundrels, An Inspector Calls, Passport to Pimlico, Blithe Spirit, The Happiest Days of Your Life, London Belongs to Me, The Wind in The Willows, The Amorous Prawn, I'm Alright Jack, Brothers In Law, Lucky Jim, Rocket to the Moon, Carlton-Browne of the FO, Private's Progress, The Party, The Smallest Show on Earth, The Lavender Hill Mob, The Man in the White Suit, The 39 Steps, The Titfield Thunderbolt, Heavens Above, Two-way Stretch, Quatermass

Mr Phoebus

zimzum42 said:
Blithe Spirit,
I love this quote from that film:

Violet Bradman: I must say I find bicycling very exhausting. Those awful hills...
Madame Arcati: Just knack. Down with your head, up with your heart, and you're over the top like a flash and skimming down the other side like a dragonfly.

I really enjoy all the old Ealing comedies, too.

Too many favourites to make a list, but I'm a huge fan of the Bourne Identity/Supremacy films, I can't wait to see the new one this weekend. Bourne Supremacy is one of the very few sequels that has been as good (if not better) than the original film!

chris42

Breakfast Club

Melvil

Tetedelacourse said:
the straight story pleases me greatly. I know not why.

Agree with EMD about Bourne sequel.

Aye, the straight story is an excellent film indeed. David Lynch, though, is an excellent director. Another fave is 'Dune'.

barq

Eat MY Dust said:
Too many favourites to make a list, but I'm a huge fan of the Bourne Identity/Supremacy films, I can't wait to see the new one this weekend. Bourne Supremacy is one of the very few sequels that has been as good (if not better) than the original film!

Yeah they are good. They've restored my faith in thrillers!

longers

Legendary Member
La Haine. French and very,very good IMO. The ending still surprises me.
Glengarry Glenross.

Can't really decide on a favourite but I've seen two exceptionally good films lately:

- The Secretary (a really excellent look at the psychology of BDSM)
- This is England (about a young lad's embroilment in a skinhead gang, set in the early 80s).

Both brilliant and very quirky.

Top Bottom