Your favourite hotel is?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The Hamburg Hyatt. I stay there five or six times a year, and I think they must have face-recognition software because that isn't anything like often enough for them to recognise me, and they must have 50-100 people checking in on any particular day, but they somehow manage to always greet me by name on arrival. The rooms are fantastic, the service impeccable and the food divine.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The Grand in Scarborough was the funniest I've stayed in - made fawlty towers look like the hilton

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
ChrisKH said:
Stayed in the Lewes Hotel in MC when my father was doing some work there when I was about 13. The Lewes was the one where the F1 Cars go into the tunnel and it is built on top. Not sure if it is still there or has been sold, re-named or re-built but I can find no reference to it.

The topless cabaret dancers were fab!!!!!

Chris 2 reasons you can't find it again. 1st it was the Loews not Lewes. 2nd it has since been sold and renamed twice, and as the Fairmont (as voted by Trembler) since 2005. Topless dancers when you were a 13 year old boy? No wonder why it's still your favourite after all these years!

Monterey Ginza Hotel

Tokyo Japan.Just so I can name drop that I've been there...(twice):tongue:

Actually one of their (smaller) railway station Ginza Itchome has twelve exits which made it fun to find the hotel at times....It p*5535 all over Oxford Circus.

Happy days...I have fond memories of Japan.(2008)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
A few I have liked off the top of my head: the Austin Folk House in Austin, Texas; the Century Southern Tower in Tokyo (just for the views from the 20th floor lobby); Lloyd's Hotel in Amsterdam. I think I would love the Gellert!

Night Train

Maker of Things
craigwend said:
The Grand in Scarborough was the funniest I've stayed in - made fawlty towers look like the hilton
You're not wrong!
I've stayed there too, it was like being in the crocked house at an old funfair.:tongue:

My favorite hotels:
Lake Vyrnwy hotel, room 1 has a massive bed and a huge bay window that over looks the lake.

Baskerville Hall hotel, I think also room 1, four poster bed and a big round bath in the room. Also has a spring water swimming pool, lovely to swim in, no chlorine.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If we're showing off, a couple of the fancy ones I've stayed at that were quite nice:

Claridge's in Buenos Aires and the Sheraton at Iguazu Falls are a couple of nice one's in Argentina (don't show this to Speicher :tongue:)

Dromoland Castle in Ireland was nice too.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
threebikesmcginty said:
If we're showing off, a couple of the fancy ones I've stayed at that were quite nice:

Claridge's in Buenos Aires and the Sheraton at Iguazu Falls are a couple of nice one's in Argentina (don't show this to Speicher ;))

Dromoland Castle in Ireland was nice too.

Too late, I've seen it now. :laugh:

You can go off people you know!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Probably Sychnant Pass House in North Wales. No two rooms the same, excellent food, friendly hosts and a huge array of books. It's close to my rellies, and not far from a certain Plax of this parish.
I'm also very fond of Hotel les Skieurs in Hirmentaz, which is in the French Alps. Little family run place on the slopes, again with excellent food. Chances are you'll be the only Brits there. Unless we're there when you go, that is.

Greedo

Don't have a favourite hotel as I don't think I have a favourite anything but I have luckily stayed in some really nice hotels which include

Ashford Castle in Ireland
Carlos IV in Prague
Hotel du Paris in Monaco
The Berkeley in London
Soho House in New York

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
This place

Where else can you sit enjoying your evening drink watching wildebeest and other wild life drinking at the water hole well within view.

But the staff don't like you walking across the compound at night - due to wild animals, apparently.

Top Bottom