Your favourite kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Whats your favourite piece of cycling kit, and why? Tools, clothing, accessories, anything except a bike itself.

For me it's my DMR SPD shoes. Bought cheap 5 years ago, theyre a suede and mesh type leisure design. However, despite the cheapness they look good, are very comfortable and hardly look worn at all. They've outlived several pairs of Shimano shoes at 2-3 times the price and show no signs of expiring.

They're a little on the heavy side, but you can't have it all. Love 'em.

defy-one

My topeak saddle bag,with puncture essentials,money,phone & keys.
Never leave home without it on either bike

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My 14 year old Lusso fluorescent yellow long sleeve, and short sleeve jerseys. The long sleeve is fleeced so it's nice and warm, though it's a bit faded now on the back. We must get more sun than i thought.:rolleyes:
My 12 year old Bell cycling helmet is also held in high esteem.:angel:
I

Teuchter

Über Member
My buff (or one of the several cheap imitations I also own which are just as good).

In summer it absorbs my sweat and in winter it keeps me warm. I can wear it cycling, motorbiking, sailing, walking the dog or just to cover my face while holding up convenience stores.

It's great.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My buff (or one of the several cheap imitations I also own which are just as good).

In summer it absorbs my sweat and in winter it keeps me warm. I can wear it cycling, motorbiking, sailing, walking the dog or just to cover my face while holding up convenience stores.

It's great.

Good call, I also wear a buff all year round... pirate stylee...

Globalti

Legendary Member
My fave tools or kit:

Park Tools cable cutters - make bike maintenance a doddle.

Joe Blow track pump - gets a lot of use and Topeak are as good as Hope with spares.

Rudy Project wraparound prescription sunglasses - brilliant for cycling and skiing.

All my dhb clothing - affordable, comfortable, durable.

The only gap in my kit lineup? I still haven't found a decent wallet that will take a BB, some cash and keys and fit in a jersey pocket. Have looked at Lezyne but they don't take a BB comfortably.

Teuchter

Über Member
Over your face?
Never heard of these - any good?
Put it this way, if they'd been around in the 70s, Douglas Adams may have preferred them to towels.
WaystoWeartheBuff.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got to be the skull cap I stick under my lid - stops sweat running down my face. Fave top is a Specialzed 'One Less Car' jersey.

Tool - probably the wheel jig - means I can easily build my own wheels.

Top Bottom