Your first ever bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
magnatom said:
Aye, it was very different from any other bike at the time. Would probably be a collectors item now! I'm sorry if I have upset your weekend! :laugh::smile:

Not happy, its chewing me up! have 23 minutes left and cant find it! :biggrin::smile:!:sad:

Going to have to go for a serious ride tonight/tomorrow morning to chill me out. :sad:

Wigsie said:
Not happy, its chewing me up! have 23 minutes left and cant find it! :biggrin::smile:!:sad:

Going to have to go for a serious ride tonight/tomorrow morning to chill me out. :sad:

So long as you keep thinking about it though, I'd really love to find a pic of that bike.

Go on Wigsie, you know you want to keep thinking about it....:laugh:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
magnatom said:
So long as you keep thinking about it though, I'd really love to find a pic of that bike.

Go on Wigsie, you know you want to keep thinking about it....:laugh:

Git! I will.... I will find it! I will text my brother and may even see if he is on facebook! Get in touch after 23 years and say "hi, its me... what was that awesome bike you had in the mid 80's"

Saddle bum

Über Member
I had a green three wheeler when I was about 3yr old. I was miffed that it did not have a box on the back to carry things in. I think I rode it to destruction (nothing chnges).

derall

Guru
I had a Mini-Moulton

moultonminiKDrs.JPG

Great little bike, and I've wanted a proper Moulton ever since. One day I'll treat myself to an AMSpeed or a <drool /> Double Pylon

My sisters bike - got ridiculed for this, so santa brought me a -

A Grifter XL.

then

A 'Harry Quinn' racer bike - it was very heavy and crimson colour. [We called road bikes 'racers' for some reason].

then

A Raleigh Maveric 15 speed MTB - very very heavy.

I can also remember having a red 'Raleigh ACE' racer bike at some point. It had a 'double clanger' which was slang for the front mech.

simonali

Guru
A purple Raleigh Budgie. I was about 4 I think.

Wigsie said:
Git! I will.... I will find it! I will text my brother and may even see if he is on facebook! Get in touch after 23 years and say "hi, its me... what was that awesome bike you had in the mid 80's"

Smashin' :ohmy:

OP
OP
F

FBOAB

Second bike was a Raleigh Arena five speed. Sad tale to this but I won't go into it. Many years have passed and I'm still trying to find an answer.........

My first bike was a Dawes Kingpin shopper bike. My grandad took me and my cousin to Chevin Cycles in Otley, back when we were nine or ten, and bought us one each. Mine was green with white mudguards and Phil's was blue with red mudguards. Both had those big Ever Ready lights and a check saddlebag.
We used them for years, doing all sorts of things they weren't really designed to do until I broke the frame on mine by doing one too many big jumps.;)

Top Bottom