Your Flapjack recipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Got an experimental batch in at the moment, i will let all know how good they are when ready.

Pics and recipe to follow (if ok)

Peteaud

Veteran
Auds Disaronno Delights

8 oz Oats
4 oz Butter
2 oz Brown Sugar
2 Table spoons Golden Syrup
2 Shots Deserano
1 Handfull or raisins

Melt butter and mix all ingredients
Place in bake tray for 35 mins @ gas mark 4
Let cool.

These can be a bit crumbly but are not to sweet or boozy. the Disaronno flavour does not overpower either.
Adding cherries and white chocalate are options.
Flapjack 001.JPG Flapjack 002.JPG

Attachments

• Flapjack 007.JPG
    Flapjack 007.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 61

speccy1

Going to make some more tomorrow, after feeding my neighbour with the last lot - he was going on a 300 mile cycle tour so I did the decent thing!!

Made a batch on Sunday.
500g Oats
250g butter
100g Sultanas
250g Brown sugar
Loads of golden syrup....

Nothing fancy but they're the absolute business! !

View attachment 43217
How long in the oven and at what temperature?

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
How long in the oven and at what temperature?
I did 15 mins at 180, checked them, then a further 15 mins still at 180. They were a bit soft still when they came out (I think due to the huge amount of Golden Syrup) but after a couple of hours cooling in the tray they were perfect.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Just found this thread, so I thought I'd contribute my find. A twitter friend tweeted his no sugar no fat trail bar/flapjack recipe, originally developed as a healthier after school snack for his son. I mixed it up with despondency, thinking they would be inedible and waste a ton of good ingredients. How wrong was I?! What is great that it gives totals so you can add what you have/what you like within the oats/seeds and nuts/fruit/chocolate I must admit I did add a couple of tablespoons of honey and it was really good. Not outstanding when ate at home, but out on the bikes, up a hill, and fuel for a two day rock festival absolutely superb. Here is the link to Carl's recipe on his blog!

Top Bottom