your jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Is it the Faro arm you use? I'm in Survey tech support. I work for a company that sells and hires survey kit to the industries. This means I might be answering the phone or up to my knees in mud or lecturing at a university.

I quite enjoy it really.

Yes its a Faro Arm mate. I also use the XT130 Faro Surveying scanner. I'm guessing in years to come being constrained by an arm won't be necessary. Faro have a hand held precision scanner, but you need to stick dots on the item being scanned for registration. Would still be handy if we had one of those too, just so expensive. You can't probe features with it either. It all costs a fortune to buy and calibrate, I'm sure you know that though. I'm sure things will develop further in this field, like everything. Small world..

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
You mean TLAs !
" Got a new SOP on DOAs from the FAA"-John McClane:okay:

gbb

Legendary Member
If we go into former jobs, my stand out one was explosives detonator.
Coal field exploration in the mid 70s, they laid lines of geo phone recording equipment across miles of countryside, then I came along and detonated approx 1kg of explosive every 20ft, each one 10 feet down in the ground.
Detonator box, connect to det wires, press boot on mushroom head actuator, wind charging handle, tell control van youre ready to fire via handset, put tip of boot under second actuator and lift, firing is automatic and boom...well, more of a muffled crumppppfff.
Great fun when you're 17 and driving around and across country in a 3.5 litre landrover :hyper:.

Also, international citrus fruit packing machinery installer/engineer ( not as grand as it sounds, i installed small fruit packing lines In farms and pack houses abroad)

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
For my sins, I am a geotechnical engineer which is posh speak for someone who digs holes & plays with pots of mud (my degree is in Geology). In another life, I'd have loved to be an astronaut (child of the 60's) or professional astronomer/rock God like Dr May^_^ but I'm a bit rubbish at maths.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I measure the depths on holes. I didn't set out to do this type of work, I just sort of fell into it.
That's against the law and I hear the police are looking into it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have spent most of my adult life teaching, training teachers, training teacher-trainers, and then training the trainers of teacher-trainers :smile:
I have just left a 16-yr stint in academia, and am having some 'time out' while I decide what to do next (can't retire yet).
I also write (2 books published) and have branched out into editing (1 book published 2 yrs ago, another due out this September).
Started my working life as a nurse, and was also a postman at one point :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I have spent most of my adult life teaching, training teachers, training teacher-trainers, and then training the trainers of teacher-trainers :smile:
I have just left a 16-yr stint in academia, and am having some 'time out' while I decide what to do next (can't retire yet).
I also write (2 books published) and have branched out into editing (1 book published 2 yrs ago, another due out this September).
Started my working life as a nurse, and was also a postman at one point :smile:

Hurrah..
I think you're the only self confessed (ex) postie on here, so far .

I thort there'd be hundreds, and hundreds of em on cycle chat - dunno why really??:blush:

Top Bottom