Your life passing before your eyes.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
I'm picking up pace again after a bit of a lull, and went out yesterday for a fairly hilly session. I was doing a Strava segment, 8.9km with an average gradient of 2.4%, but unfortunately as they often seem to do it ramps up at the end. About 1 km to go, on a steep bit, breathing heavily, heartrate about 5 beats away from my maximum, my cycling glasses began to steam up until my vision was quite seriously affected.

You know how in comics you see those spirals appearing when someone is dazed? Suddenly I've got two big brown swirls in front of my face. My first thought was I'm passing out- my vision is going. I don't know why I thought that, because I have never had any history of passing out.

Half a second later I realise there's a tractor attached to the swirls. It's coming round the corner with two big round bales raised in the air on front forks.

The segment? 7th overall. I'm pretty happy with that, given climbing isn't my strong point.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
The two things i stay well away from , Tractors and Strava.

sidevalve

Über Member
Sorry to sound like a wet blanket but if what you describe is true and your vision was impaired it might have been an idea to stop and do something about it. It might be funny to look back on but if the problem had been smaller or even just a pothole it would have been a shame to have ended the ride in casualty just by trying to save a few seconds.

Top Bottom