Your Local?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

My excellent local is the catchily named "Trappistenlokaal 't klooster" in central Delft.

It's pretty small with about six or so tables, but no one seems to mind too much if you spill out onto the street.

It usually has six or so beers on tap which are changed regularly - typically one Dutch, one American and four Belgians (plus the invitable Jupiler). At the moment, the excellent "Dikke Mathile" (Fat Mathilda) is my beer of choice. There are also 120 or so bottled beers available - all the Trappists are stocked including Westvleteren from time to time. There's also a good selection of spontaneously fermented stuff - 3 Fonteinen, Girardin, Boon and Oud Beersel often on the menu - and a specials board. At the moment they seem to have a few beers from De Molen, although they are typically light on Dutch beer.

They've just opened a cafe next door, so you can get something to eat (Belgian style of course) and order anything you like from the bar next door.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Delftse Post said:
It usually has six or so beers on tap which are changed regularly - typically one Dutch, one American and four Belgians (plus the invitable Jupiler). At the moment, the excellent "Dikke Mathile" (Fat Mathilda) is my beer of choice. There are also 120 or so bottled beers available

I'm kind of glad that's not my local :biggrin:

marooncat

I am so so so jealous of you all with pubs that serve real ale - they are few and far between up here. It is the one thing (well one of the things I suppose) about being down south, most pubs you walk into will have some real ale on tap.

My local is the village pub that sells the normal lager, nothing special and not cheap (a few years ago it was the most expensive pub in the region). Sometimes wonder why we bother going as regular as we do (most Sat nights) but generally it is an ok night out.

blockend

V. good tucked away real ale boozer at the end of the road, three minutes stagger away. It was a labour of love for the last landlord but him and his missus packed in at Christmas. The more successfully you run a place, the more money the PubCo want to squeeze out.

The new geezer and his wife are doing their best but I fear there isn't the footfall to keep it going. Most of the pubs round here are succumbing to metal shutters and 'would you like to run this pub' signs, big suburban boozers and classic country pubs alike.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Top Bottom