Your Local?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheva

vernon said:
My local, The Dog and Gun, is fifteen miles from home but just under half a mile from work. Once, when their cash machine developed a fault, they lent me money to continue boozing in a pub down the road and then head off for a curry. They also have a couple of guest real ales every week and don't have a juke box.

Wykebeck used to be my local, but it`s a bit rough and full of druggies now.Is the dog any better?

My local is about five or so miles away and I use it because they do a takeaway service for their home cooked food and on a Saturday night it is delivered to my door. Also when we go in person for a meal and a drink we are welcomed as old friends.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
My local is vile. Nothing but trouble every weekend. I walked the dog past it Sat a.m. to find some local lovelies had smashed bottles and glasses all over the pavement.

I wish they'd burn the shithole down.;)

NickM

Veteran
My local is the Ikea Billy beer shelving unit in the spare bedroom, which we keep well stocked with the finest of Belgium's many fine brews.

I do break my journey home from the place of daily confinement at the Dog an Bell in Deptford (yes, really) once a week or so. It is quiet, has a cheery and obliging landlord and landlady, reasonable English ale and a pretty good selection of bottled Belgians.

toekneep

We have three pubs in the village but rarely visit two of them. The Coach and Horses (known locally as Ponky's) always has two good guest ales as well as regular Boddingtons and Green King on hand pumps. They don't do evening food but get this, you can book a platter of goodies for a small group or you can bring your own grub and use the barbecue in the garden! Though I've never actually seen anybody do it. The landlord is very supportive of local events and our cycling club. Football screens in every room which I'm not keen on but they don't usually have any sound on them other than for special games. It's a got a good history as well. It used to be two separate rooms and beer was a penny more in the 'posh' room. If the landlord saw you going to the posh room with a beer in your hand he made you take it back.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My local's really good, and really local. Apparently it sells good beer, but that's lost on me, as I'm a lager drinker :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The Buff

IMAG0211.jpg

HeyWayne

My local:
http://www.theoldsunharlington.com/

There are two pubs in the village - we'd have to walk past this one to get to the other one, so we stay at this one. Serves better ales, and has a better (more grown up) atmosphere too.

They have mini "beer festivals" every now and then, and often have two pint 'carry out' cartons which are great!

Used to do a fine burger, but changed their chef a while back and haven't really been great with food since.

Had ours sons 1st birthday there earlier in the year and a great time was had by all.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I love this one http://www.therodney.co.uk/

Close to home, a bit scruffy inside (which I love) and a regular venue for art or photography shows, GREAT beer and ALWAYS at good prices. When I say 'good', I mean 'great' and when I say 'great' I mean probably the best I've experienced in England. It's on some great on and off road cycle routes, too!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I used to have a great local when I was uni in Sheffield. We lived in a rough area of the city overlooking the Donn Valley before the regeneration had kicked in. At the bottom of the hill on our road there was a Pub called the Norfolk Arms it hadn't changed much from Victorian times. No fake beams or any of that rubbish. Served a cracking pint of Tetleys, good landlord and a good atmosphere. Went most nights even sledged there when it had snowed heavily.
One of my house mates went passed it a couple of years ago and it had become a lap dancing bar.:tongue::wacko:

Top Bottom