Your Locality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Midway between the old Bangkok airport and the new one; 1.5km from an underground station; 0.75 from the main road; 10kms from central Bangkok. Carrefour and Tesco are both less than 3kms away. No traffic noise, hardly see the neighbours, none of those damn Westerners around here. Quiet, peaceful but not too remote.

Urban/suburban although I can see the Campsies from my back garden. Quite a lot of post industrial sites in the area including Ravenscraig which was one on the biggest steelworks in Europe. The 'Well itself has some nice areas and some cr@ppy areas. Town centre is a concrete dump full of pound shops but fortunately the centre of Glasgow is 25 minutes away by train. As for the people, a lot of decent hard working folks but a fair number of druggies, neds, white trash as well. However 10/15 minutes cycling and I'm out in the quiet lanes and back roads of Lanarkshire

girofan

dangerousjules said:
i'm in the back arse of nowhere, a one horse, hill billy bumf**k village where the locals have webbed feet due to the inbreeding...they look at me funny when i pass them my bicycle. can you guess where i am!

You must be in the same county as myself. Shropshire?
Great isn't it? You can claim to be intelligent here and there is no descernable challenge!!!:biggrin::tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Urban sprawl... :biggrin:

hebden_bridge_hills.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Suburban, but right on the edge of countryside - 5 mins on the bike and I'm out in fields and stuff.

Fairly quiet where we are, although it's a traffic nightmare in rush hour as about 4 local villages all try to get to the motorway......

Dave5N said:
Red brick inner-city.

Looks like everywhere in Britain's Victorian residential zones.

Too good to be demolished in the slum clearances, not good enough to be demolished for something better.

We do a mean line in watering cans for the Herefordshire gardeners though. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Aperitif said:
Just a weensy bit poncy Lee - but I'll maybe roll down there this weekend if I have time and take a souvenir for you! ;)

All I seen was the hall and a pub and a sign on the road from the M4 - all I know is that its critically fast down there (as in - within the M25 etc...)

col

Legendary Member
An old town with history,that the council seem bent on canceling out with modern looking changes,which is a pity,as many i talk to have commented,its lost its atmosphere.

Top Bottom