Your Locality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
city centre

Noodley

graham56 said:
Ploughed? :biggrin:

At present, yes. My house and garden are surrounded on three sides by the field, the forth side is the road. Which goes past more fields.

I have straw in my head as well...:biggrin:

Well.
The woman on the right got dragged away by the cops last week after ramming a car around the corner then weaving her way home with the front bumper hanging off, and finally trying to do a bit of metal origami with her 'up and over' door.
The woman the other side is separated from her husband, but he still turns up every weekday to park his car and blag a lift to the station from her. There is the usual collection of nosey parkers, gossips and decent folk (like me:biggrin:) We have a school in the road so children can be seen munching healthy breakfasts of firemans hoses, fanta, Walkers cheese and onion etc etc...Jack the dog's friend Eric the Dog has an owner who is on the point of doing a drugs bust on a house up the road. The roads are swarming with tosspots on mopeds with the exhaust baffle missing (along with the grey matter) and the Community Support Officers hang out wiv the 'hood at the train station.
There is an Aldi, Lidl, Matalan, Argos,McDoubtfuls, Tescos 24hr x 2, Asda, and all the 'must have' mobile 'phone shops you could shake a stick at...
My neighbourhood is, well...21st century. Close to almost anywhere in the world - if planes count that is:tongue: and only a short ride to Windsor or Richmond, where people's dreams are real...

(sorry - got carried away!);)

Aperitif said:
Well.
The woman on the right got dragged away by the cops last week after ramming a car around the corner then weaving her way home with the front bumper hanging off, and finally trying to do a bit of metal origami with her 'up and over' door.
The woman the other side is separated from her husband, but he still turns up every weekday to park his car and blag a lift to the station from her. There is the usual collection of nosey parkers, gossips and decent folk (like me:biggrin:) We have a school in the road so children can be seen munching healthy breakfasts of firemans hoses, fanta, Walkers cheese and onion etc etc...Jack the dog's friend Eric the Dog has an owner who is on the point of doing a drugs bust on a house up the road. The roads are swarming with tosspots on mopeds with the exhaust baffle missing (along with the grey matter) and the Community Support Officers hang out wiv the 'hood at the train station.
There is an Aldi, Lidl, Matalan, Argos,McDoubtfuls, Tescos 24hr x 2, Asda, and all the 'must have' mobile 'phone shops you could shake a stick at...
My neighbourhood is, well...21st century. Close to almost anywhere in the world - if planes count that is:tongue: and only a short ride to Windsor or Richmond, where people's dreams are real...

A painting in words ;)

surfgurl

A house full of detritus in a small seaside town. When the trees have no leaves I can see the sea from the lounge window (if I stand on tippy toes)

Dave5N

Über Member
Red brick inner-city.

Looks like everywhere in Britain's Victorian residential zones.

Too good to be demolished in the slum clearances, not good enough to be demolished for something better.

We do a mean line in watering cans for the Herefordshire gardeners though. ;)

Dave5N

Über Member
In fact, it would be quite tranquil without the traffic. It's all these damn lorries from outa town...

;)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Aperitif said:
Well.

Did you know Ap' that - i have my own village down your way , by a bunch of lakes - I kid you not (the serious bit) - called 'dorney'. Once went there - I soo dearly wanted to have that sign but respect got the better..turns out theres a hall there and a pub but thats all I got to see...

Still maybe for another time...! ;)

PS 'luv the way you say 'the blokes close to doing a drugs bust...'! AND - 'the CSO's hang out with da uddies' :tongue: - being part of the situation will slant them into good...

domtyler

Über Member
I am in an urban area but live right next to a large expanse of Epping Forest so am overlooking green space from the front of the house, albeit with a road in between.

yenrod said:
Did you know Ap' that - i have my own village down your way , by a bunch of lakes - I kid you not (the serious bit) - called 'dorney'. Once went there - I soo dearly wanted to have that sign but respect got the better..turns out theres a hall there and a pub but thats all I got to see...

Still maybe for another time...! ;)

PS 'luv the way you say 'the blokes close to doing a drugs bust...'! AND - 'the CSO's hang out with da uddies' :tongue: - being part of the situation will slant them into good...

Just a weensy bit poncy Lee - but I'll maybe roll down there this weekend if I have time and take a souvenir for you! ;)

mondobongo

Über Member
Surburban and relatively quiet, 3 minutes by bike from the prom its all downhill as well. Far enough from town that we see very little of the marauding drunks that invade each weekend.

Top Bottom