Your New Year's Eve plans?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I can shake hands with myself and sing Auld Lang Syne to myself.

Sitting here by the fire in the company of Madam Lexicat. I shall watch the Big Ben Bongs & fireworks, then make myself a hot chocolate and carry on furkling through engine drawings in the IMechE online archive.

I did my traditional NYE yellow sticker hunt in Tesco this afternoon. Amongst other items, picked up three gammons, a job lot of dry-cure bacon and a kilo of Stilton.

Jameshow

Veteran
Just hoping and praying for peace and reconciliation to abound in 2024 not only in my family but also accoss the World.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just sent H.N.Y messages to a few fellow over 60's and one aged a mere 48. Only one's replied and that's a fellow over 60. They must all be in bed.:rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just hoping and praying for peace and reconciliation to abound in 2024 not only in my family but also accoss the World.
Unfortunately, I reckon that it will probably go the other way...

Civil war in the US after Trump gets a long jail term, but is then elected President. The Middle East will become even more explosive. Russia will carry on grinding up its young men until Ukraine runs out of theirs, or the West's support for the war effort dies away. China decides to take advantage of the global situation and tries to grab back Taiwan. And so on...

But HNY anyway! :whistle:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
me and mrs roadrash staying home , she has made a big hotpot , only two of us, oh well i will take one for the team and eat as much as possible, happy new year to each and every one here on cyclechat

That could be a Lancashire thing. My mum used to make a spud pie before going out on New Year's Eve, then we'd devour it when we got home. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, I reckon that it will probably go the other way...

Civil war in the US after Trump gets a long jail term, but is then elected President. The Middle East will become even more explosive. Russia will carry on grinding up its young men until Ukraine runs out of theirs, or the West's support for the war effort dies away. China decides to take advantage of the global situation and tries to grab back Taiwan. And so on...

But HNY anyway! :whistle:

Sadly I fear you are correct there. What a sick world we have. I fear for what my grandchildren will have to face.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
officially, i stay in on my own and wait until the strike of midnight then pull a solitary party popper before taking my sorry ass off to bed.

really, i watch a movie and hope to miss the stroke of midnight altogether. Last night it was That Sinking Feeling, set in a fictitious city called Glasgow.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I went to bed around 10.30 , kids wanted to stay up and watch the fireworks and i said fine as long as your not too noisy, i was already shattered but as you can guess a couple of hours of mucking about ensued then sounded like a loud party kicked off outside so i tried to sleep with my head buried between the pillows but i probably didnt get off till around 2 am

Top Bottom