Your New Year's Eve plans?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are doing the usual

Staying in and celebrating at midnight with some fizz

and watching the telly in the meantime

Dinner is nearly ready - has to be a "Cottams Hot pot" (it's a pie - don;t ask) according to my wife

I think I'll have a few beers before midnight as well

gave up on pubs on NYE many years ago - far too crowded

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I plan to do exactly what I did on Christmas Day - ignore the whole daft business and wait for normality to return after the Bank Holiday! :okay:

That is:
  • Sitting home alone, forgetting that it is even supposed to be a 'special' time. I actually HAD forgotten, until I saw this thread.
  • Making myself something unadventurous but tasty to eat. Tonight I be mostly cooking a mushroom omelette!
  • Making some more changes to my puzzle game app to see if I can delay actually finishing it until 2037... :whistle:
  • Enjoying a good drink. (Chilled tap water with ice and freshly squeezed lemon.)
  • Watching a few YouTube videos, then 1 episode of Goliath and 1 of Homeland.
  • Go to bed around 03:00 and do a Times Quick Cryptic Crossword, followed by playing a few puzzle games on my old tablet.
  • 04:00-ish - lights out!
But anyway... HNY and all that! :hello:

postman

Legendary Member
I plan to do exactly what I did on Christmas Day - ignore the whole daft business and wait for normality to return after the Bank Holiday! :okay:

That is:
  • Sitting home alone, forgetting that it is even supposed to be a 'special' time. I actually HAD forgotten, until I saw this thread.
  • Making myself something unadventurous but tasty to eat. Tonight I be mostly cooking a mushroom omelette!
  • Making some more changes to my puzzle game app to see if I can delay actually finishing it until 2037... :whistle:
  • Enjoying a good drink. (Chilled tap water with ice and freshly squeezed lemon.)
  • Watching a few YouTube videos, then 1 episode of Goliath and 1 of Homeland.
  • Go to bed around 03:00 and do a Times Quick Cryptic Crossword, followed by playing a few puzzle games on my old tablet.
  • 04:00-ish - lights out!
But anyway... HNY and all that! :hello:

Reactions:You, mustang1, Mrs M and 4 others

[ATTACH type="full" alt="ColinJ"]717515[/ATTACH]

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!​

LocationTodmorden - Yorks/Lancs border
Only what I do almost every other night... sitting in by myself, with my laptop on my lap, and checking every few minutes to see if anything has changed on the internet. That is a full time job in itself because most times that I look, I find that something HAS changed somewhere... :whistle:

Apart from that, writing the puzzle-game-that-refuses-to-be-finished***, playing other people's puzzle games, solving cryptic crosswords, or reading. Eventually (around 02:00) I'll put the TV on and watch that for 1-2 hours, then another 30 minutes to an hour of crosswords, computer puzzles, and reading in bed.

And that will be another year finished. After a few hours sleep, on with the next one!

*** I keep messing about with the design of it rather than getting version 1 finished and improving it later.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only what I do almost every other night... sitting in by myself, with my laptop on my lap, and checking every few minutes to see if anything has changed on the internet. That is a full time job in itself because most times that I look, I find that something HAS changed somewhere... :whistle:

Apart from that, writing the puzzle-game-that-refuses-to-be-finished***, playing other people's puzzle games, solving cryptic crosswords, or reading. Eventually (around 02:00) I'll put the TV on and watch that for 1-2 hours, then another 30 minutes to an hour of crosswords, computer puzzles, and reading in bed.

And that will be another year finished. After a few hours sleep, on with the next one!

*** I keep messing about with the design of it rather than getting version 1 finished and improving it later.
Ha ha ha... I forgot to add: Reminding myself that my memory is getting worse every year, so checking that I didn't post exactly the same nonsense this time last year! :laugh:

We’ve had my parents round for Chinese takeaway and a few drinks, they’ve gone off to boogie at my Aunty’s.

I’m cracking on with putting kids to bed and then I’ll be watching a few movies with my wife, checking cyclechat and off to bed around 10:30-11:00 after reading a bit of backseat rider, a tandem ride around the world.

Our plans were in jeopardy earlier due to very heavy rain. Now it's dry we were planning to take the whole family including dog up to the top of our village hill at midnight.

Having just taken out the dog for evening walk and fireworks going off worried it. So now our plans of actually doing something a bit more interesting are out. So we have two options. Early to bed or stay up to after midnight like I usually do anyway then bed. I'm not in the mood for NYE rubbish now. It's just another day. What's the NYE equivalent to the Xmas "bah humbug!" If there's not one can we come up with one please?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie is full of cold and in bed. I am sat watching bike packing films on YouTube. New Years dinner has been put off until tomorrow.
I am just waiting until midnight for the fireworks in the village to go off at midnight.

Looking forward to 2024.

Top Bottom