Your Opinion on The Schwinn Loop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foldingbikekid

Hey everyone, I’m a college student and I’m looking for a new bike. My last bike a gmc road bike unfortunately got stolen, when I left it locked up outside my dorm room. So I’m in the market for a new bike, I’m thinking a folding bike this time. I’ve looked around at a few different bikes and I’m thinking of getting a Schwinn Loop. It seems more reasonably priced, especially when you compare it to some of the upper-end Dahon folding bikes. So in your opinion is this a good folding bike for going around campus and a little around town?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Have a good look at reviews on the net. As many as you can find.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Loop-7-Speed-Folding-Bike/product-reviews/B000Y2PRTI

Dont forget Youtube.

I dont like it, but for the price it may do the job, and will not break the bank if it is stolen.

Steve

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
"The folding quality is poor in that it will take you a good 10 minutes to fold it up. You also need to buy some bungee cords to hold it together after it folded."

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This thing about the time it takes to fold a folding bike is really Odd.

If you are that worried about the extra minute it takes to fold a particular bike. Then buy a car.

If it takes you 10 minutes to fold any folder, you are doing something wrong.

Steve

lip03

Über Member
Hi,

If its not a Brompton don't expect much positivity.

rgds, sreten.
ive found that on this forum... if it isn't a Brompton, dahon or other "snobby" folder it dosent get the time of day.

Hey everyone, I’m a college student and I’m looking for a new bike. My last bike a gmc road bike unfortunately got stolen, when I left it locked up outside my dorm room. So I’m in the market for a new bike, I’m thinking a folding bike this time. I’ve looked around at a few different bikes and I’m thinking of getting a Schwinn Loop. It seems more reasonably priced, especially when you compare it to some of the upper-end Dahon folding bikes. So in your opinion is this a good folding bike for going around campus and a little around town?
in my opinion mate if you are looking for a cheap folder go here... http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bfold-5-folding-bike-id_8248976.html these are great for the money hope that helps :smile:

StuartG

slower but further
Putting everything else aside the real purpose of you choosing a folder is that it won't get stolen again because it will be with you in the lecture/seminar room or trailed around the shop and not left D-Locked to a post. That's why many Londoner's choose Bromptons 'cos otherwise its going to be stolen or you live in constant fear every time you leave it.

The Brompton is ideal because with the drivetrain packed in the middle you can conveniently carry it around anywhere, anyhow without getting oiled up.

So as, a student its out of financial reach. Understandable. When you are looking for a cheaper alternative then you need to check out it is going to work for you. You are going to have to carry it comfortably. The only way to be sure is to try before you buy. Which given I think there is a Decathalon in most conurbations its a chance to test it will work for you. If it does then it is a bargain. I'm of the school that says (apart from the very worst BSOs) a bike is a bike. Pay twice the price and it is better, you need to pay 10 x the price to be a lot better. You can still get 80% of the joy from a cheaper bike. And 80% is a lot better than 0% when finances dictate the alternative.

Brompton can remain your dream. We all need dreams ... we need two wheels now even more.

Top Bottom