Your opinions on this bike please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
Looks cheap.Wonder how long it would last on my flat commute.Probably not long.IMHO.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You get what you pay for.
I think you would be spending more time adjusting and repairing the bike then riding it. But if you will be just using it for pootles to the shop/pub etc then for the money it is fine.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'll take it that by the lack of responses most think it's a poor bike? I was right about the weight by the way,i took some luggage scales to the shop and weighed it. It was 27 pounds give or take an inch,

Cyclist33

Hard to say from a photo really but looks wise I think it's horrible.

As for spec, it's one of those all too common "Shimano gears" type adverts that really mean the cheapest possible and out of date Shimano gearing. 21 gears means 7 at the back... considering even entry level Shimano is what, 8 or 9 speed nowadays.

Also the link when I click on it says the bike is "currently unavailable" so...

ChrisEyles

Guru
I wouldn't go for that one either I'm afraid. If you like the look you can always swap tyres, saddle, bars etc on a different bike (it's not quite my cup of tea but I do kind of like the bright red tyres!)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It is sort of built with old technology. I think you would be better off fixing up an older bike that had a little better spec. And quality control. You would probably enjoy that more. I've looked at some of these bikes when I repair bikes for the disadvantaged in our community, and the workmanship is not that great. Even no-name Shimano groupsets just aren't what they used to be.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hard to say from a photo really but looks wise I think it's horrible.

As for spec, it's one of those all too common "Shimano gears" type adverts that really mean the cheapest possible and out of date Shimano gearing. 21 gears means 7 at the back... considering even entry level Shimano is what, 8 or 9 speed nowadays.

Also the link when I click on it says the bike is "currently unavailable" so...
The OP does say the same bike is for sale in his LBS.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seven speeds at the back is not ideal because it means the bike has a freewheel rather than the much better free hub.

But I wouldn't rule out Tiger as a budget brand.

My local bike shop supplied this £150 folder for a customer who wanted to spend very little money.

I was there when they built it.

The mechanic was impressed, not a bad bike at all, unbeatable for the money.

http://www.tigercycles.com/product/foldaway/

Top Bottom