Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
A weather presenter who's currently getting Yewtree'd.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice 10.8 miles tonight, round my old faithful Wreningham - Hethel - Cyclepath - home loop. Had to stop and wait for a train to pass at the crossing. I thought that the woman on the sit-up & beg bike who passed me while I was waiting and the barriers were dropping was taking a bit of a risk TBH but it's her life I guess. For once the train took a good minute to arrive, it's normally very quickly passed once the barriers have dropped. I had a nice drink of water while I was waiting and faffed with my iPod to find a bit of Vai to get me up the hill a bit down the road.
43:27 so averaged 15mph which was a lot quicker than I had in mind today. I meant to go for a nice steady pootle as I was feeling wrecked this afternoon. Really enjoyed the ride tonight. I've sorted out the click too, I have to replace a pedal as its got a bit of movement in it and won't tighten properly.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Todays ride was a leisurely 22 miles to keep the legs working before this weekends set of long rides.
Out of Northampton to Cogenhoe, Whiston Hills, Castle Ashby and back home via Sywell and Overstone.

DSC_2284.jpg

Back view over the estate towards Castle Ashby house in the distance.

DSC_2290.jpg

A mate t'other day said that you could eat or make wine from the roots of this plant thingy. (They taste like parsnip apparently.) They're those 3' to 4' tall plants prevalent on the verges. I just need a identification of said plant.

Pleasant ride with a couple of friendly people to say hello to on the way past, and only one other cyclist out and about that I saw.

No coffee or cake today as I needed to be home to sort some stuff out.

:smile:

http://www.strava.com/activities/152173163

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Decided to do my first 'half century' ride today....got lost twice and ended up doing 80 miles!! (previous longest was 39)

My ass feels like it's been blowtorched !!!
Well done!:bravo:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A 37 miler (yesterday) here. Had an evening thing with work in March, Cambs, so got there early via Cambridge on the train and then went for a quick 10 mile or so spin around the area first. Nice little nature reserve that i never knew existed next to near the massive Whitemoor prison, was a good find (the reserve rather than the prison!)

After the work thing, got the train back to Ely at about 9pm, then headed home along the riverside cycle path. 2 barn owls and a late singing cuckoo within 20 minutes of leaving Ely a couple of highlights.

A lovely moonlit ride followed, and at Wicken Fen, bright green lights in the grass caught my eye- my favourite creatures- and the first of the season for me, glow worms...

image.jpg

The above pic I took last night, below, one I took in Wicken last Summer

image.jpg

Magical sight. If you spot any glow worms this summer, please report your sightings to http://www.glowworms.org.uk/ and admire and don't touch of course.

Home by 11-30 pm, to a furious wife, unable to understand why I hadn't driven to a meeting 20 miles away and been home by 9pm instead. Non cyclists will never get it will they!

Last edited:

theloafer

Legendary Member
Took my Jamis out for 48 miles, Manc Airport, stopped for tea in Wilmslow, pushed home via Altrincham and Dunham. Knackered.

Still some work to be done on the bike's setup. I played around a bit but the ride was a bit harsher than my Defy. Great bike though!

I got karon a jamis off the ctc forum still making slight alteration for her almost done now I think ^_^ ....she is liking it a lot
WP_20140603_001.jpg

Cyclist33

Nice. Mine's in the same mould, steel but with drops. Think I might want a carbon seat post and some bigger tyres. Both of which I have so swapsies project is on the cards!

PaulB

Legendary Member
AHA! Just googled him. He is the one who leaped about on the floating map in Liverpool's Albert Dock. I saw him once when I was in Liverpool for the day. Leaping about on a floating map, he was.
This was my ride yesterday. Talbot was on the road above Barley just near to the main footpath to Pendle Hill, with two compadres. I waved as I assumed I knew him from somewhere, like he was a club-mate or something. He looked glad someone was acknowledging him in a friendly fashion. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/518418506

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom