Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berties

Fast and careful!
After meetings the last two days, and the weather I had to get out today , I now know what a coloured triangle means on the weather report , it ain't good ,45 mile ride with 35 in the lashing rain, through the test valley and Woodford valley and Salisbury , the wind caught me a couple of times, and could bring you to a stand still
Now faced with a pile of more than moist cycling wear and shoes stuffed with paper

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Managed to sneak out for a 68 mile ride today & headed off to the wolds for some hill action :blush: Nice ride out, but as the day went on the wind picked up & was a rather strong headwind most of the way home :sad: Saw a stoat & a pair of red kites whilst out which was nice, but got my new carbon bike dirty, hope it survives :thumbsup:
B2VWYStCAAAYXth.jpg

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Just 4.5 miles yesterday on my trusty old Trek 800. It dealt with the weather well. I went around a loop near home, as I didn't know how much snow was going to fall. Turned out to be just flurries, but quite cold. -4C really requires the 3rd sock, which I did not have on, at that temperature.
If it's not a personal question, do you put the third sock where I think you do? Or was that a third pair?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My ride today was ...

... cancelled! :laugh:

I looked out at leaden skies, saw the trees on the hillside behind my house bending in the wind, and then the rain started. I am well up on my mileage targets so I decided to treat myself to a lazy day indoors in the warm.

'Normal service will be resumed later'! :thumbsup:

No ride for me today either. I was going out with the Upton No Good MTbers for a night ride, got new lights and everything, but the third coat on the 200 foot of skirting boards beckons. I hope normal service will be resumed, painting skirting board is only second in the boredom stakes to actually watching paint dry.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
15 miles into the wind from hell (well Lebonan really) to pick up my car

beardy01

My ride today was an hour on the new turbo trainer ... not sure how far until my cateye computer arrives. First go on one and was quite impressed. I know the purists might not agree with them but with no free time at the weekends and not being able to trust the weather will be the only way to get the miles in over the winter months. Must get something better to look at other than a door

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No, just the one sock, providing warmth where it counts
Ha ha - I went out on my bike in wintry conditions one Christmas morning (which went down really well with my then g/f! :whistle:) wearing ordinary shorts with leg warmers and only the standard 2 socks. The lack of the 3rd sock was very keenly felt ...:eek::cold::thumbsdown:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Only 18 miles today - a similar route to yesterday. First use of the overshoes this Autumn, plus trial of bandanna (without helmet) :becool:.

This of the grounds of Culpho Hall - I like it when trees have the opportunity to really spread.

I see Winter 001.JPG

This shot of a little copse adjacent to the old Martlesham airfield is where the perimeter track used to run.

I see Winter 003.JPG

And I just love this sign at Foxhall (incidentally, note it is parallel to the road.)

I see Winter 004.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom