Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
The 'block' I mentioned in my post is just under 1/4 mile in length. I usually check my GPS when I get back and do a few laps of that block to get to the next virtual milestone so on average I do xx.125 miles! :thumbsup:
I've just about learned to let it go if I finish on something point 9 - but when I'm doing a ride of just about 40 or just about 50 miles, I can't stop until it clicks round on the trip computer. So I know where you are coming from. The first time I did the Severn Bridge loop (crossing at Gloucester and Chepstow), I got home without mentally converting miles to Km, and it nearly killed me to find out later that I'd done 99km. I'd have been out riding around the estate for another km if I'd known.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
7 miles today, and a new Strava PB on a segment near home. Cold is a great motivator. Also got some mud in, and covered the Trek 800 in a great deal of it. I talked to the road crew, and they told me the final 300 feet of the trail will wait until Spring. That's okay, that's where the mud is. Beats trying to ride in the road where it merges from 4 lanes down to 2. Enough hilarity watching the cars being uncivil, without myself being involved. The Trek 800, also known as "Big Purple", (a reference to The Band, who recorded in a house known as "Big Pink" for one of their albums) got quite muddy, but was wiped down quite easily thereafter. A good coat of auto wax, and the cold temperature (about 2C) helped make the job easy.

I took the MTB today to loan to a friend over xmas. The drumming noise is still in my head. :wacko: .
Looking forward to a motorised return journey. I haven't been in a car for 2 months and confusingly I'm quite excited about it. :eek:
I distinctly remember the first time we went in a car after we stayed our arborted world tour. We were 5-6 months into the tour, hadn't been on a vehicle since leaving the UK and had cycled from Rotterdam all the way up to the Lofoten Islands by that point (I'm not counting ferries here folks). I hated it and every moment of it because we couldn't stop where I wanted to stop to hey photos and fabulous scenery was flying past at a rate of knots and it was awful. I guess the location we were in at the time (along with fabulous blue skies and sunny weather) didn't help matters much... It wasn't nice. Hope you enjoy your car journey more! :biggrin:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Flat ride out to Chipping Sodbury this morning - lovely dry & crisp day but cold wind.
Sat outside the Waitrose cafe enjoying the winter sunshine then back via the Westerleigh Greenway.

View attachment 63176
View attachment 63177

Where's the Greenway ? I know the route from Ram Hill Colliery to Westerleigh along Broad Lane - is the Greenway the continuation of the Railway path from Emerson's Green direction ?

Spartak