Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
First ride of the year short (5.78m) but sweet with family :hugs::girldance::girldance:

- even saw another rider...

caption competition time?

Newyearday2012004.jpg

Ariadne

Lovely short ride this morning, prompted by the realisation that I'd be a lot better off actually doing some cycling instead of lazily reading cycling forums. Back to the laziness now, obviously.

D

Deleted member 1258

Had a ride out to the Whilton Locks Garden Store today

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=338861

Decided on a lone ride, which was a good move, the group caught me climbing into Bagington and they were mostly the fast lads, I slotted onto the back till we got through Bagington, when they went right I continued straight on, there was one lad off the family group with them and he followed me and we had a steady ride out to the Café. We left the Café with the group but it was like a training ride, 20-25mph and barely slowing for the hills, my mate was out the back after a couple of hundred yards, I stayed with them for a couple of miles before deciding enough was enough, I slowed to 20mph and let them go, I was on my fixed with carrier mudguards and lights on, when I got to the lane where they went left to go towards the side of Coventry where most of them live I stopped and waited for my mate to catch up then we went straight on and had a steady ride home. My mate pulled of in Binley Woods, on the outskirts of Coventry, to go into the shop and he told me to keep going so I finished the ride alone and got in with 58 miles on.

I got out on that ride after all, but bed at 6:30am (sub 5 hours sleep) after much rum & whiskies, then an OK ride doesn't compute; I bet it does in the morning though ;) I did come across a strange phenomena though, dry roads and the usual numpty also, at least he was in a good mood and shouted 'Happy New Year' before calling me an @rse :rolleyes:

Chris-H

Über Member
Myself and the wife done our first tt event today at our local club,went along for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it,i managed a 37 min time over an 11.3 mile route with some decieving hills involved,the wife came in 6 minutes after me so she done well.Came home and had a cuppa then back out on the mountain bikes this time with the dog for a few wet an muddy miles over the fields.
Certainly started the New Year as we mean to go on.Our legs now feel like jelly but wow what a day.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Quick 15 miles today to blow off the takeaway last night and as it'll be a few days till i get back on the bike. Need my wiggle order to arrive now asap!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
45 miles worthing> storrington>Pulborough>Bury>Arundel>Littlehampton>shoreham>worthing

Totally p%ssing down all the way around, soaked to the skin even through the nightvision jacket and gloves, shoes like buckets of water, freezing...almost dark....ots of spray from the traffic...I had to stop for a cuppa (never usually stop) in a cafe...where the kind lady put my clothes in her tumble drier for 30 mins ! Then mopped the floor as I left^_^

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
You took your clothes off in a cafe!? :ohmy: :eek: What, like that old Levi's ad in the launderette????

well sort of...gloves, inner gloves, balaclava, shirt...i was 'allowed' to keep my base layer on

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yesterday we decided to do an in town ride, so we went from Barnet through East Finchley, up the Bishops Avenue and along to Whitestone pond on Hampstead Heath. Down East Heath Road and along to Gospal Oak. Then Up Swains Lane, for those who don't know, it is a very steep Hill up to Highgate. At the top, when we got our breath back we had a coffee and then rode back to Barnet. 17.8 miles and we just about beat the rain. Next time, a couple of loops of Swains Lane and Highgate West Hill.

colly

Re member eR
Nice run out to Ilkley from North Leeds. A round trip of about 37 miles. Cool, dry and sunny but into a strong headwind all the way out. Which meant an easy run back it seemed as bad on the way back. First time out this year. The first of many I hope.

snorri

Legendary Member
I just dreamt I was cycling today, to have cycled would have been a nightmare.^_^
Woke up to ice everywhere and snow down almost to sea level. By the time the surface ice had thawed sufficiently the wind strength had increased dramatically and visibility was reduced by driving snow.Brrrrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom