Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
38 miles today, battling a headwind for most of it, with the occasional sidewind to keep things interesting. :unsure:

There was a bit of excitement when one guy's front tyre blew out as we were going downhill. I heard a tremendous bang and looked behind me to see M skidding down the road on his side, his bike also skidding on its side, and everybody else braking and swerving to avoid a pile-up. For some reason, having heard the bang and seen M on the ground, my first thought was that he had been shot!

Neither M nor his bike were in any fit state to continue so he rang his wife ("I'll finish my coffee and then I'll head out") and a pub a mile or so down the road kindly opened its doors an hour early and served up some much-needed hot drinks. It was unanimously decided that we shall be returning, though hopefully without any causalities next time!

P'tures :-( I cycled 5 miles to meet a mate but he'd abandoned with mech problems and the wind were crazy too (confirming his decision). I met another mate though and we headed to the first mates house 5 miles away or so to say hi ;) On the estate road out, less than half a mile down the road, front p'ture, went back to his shed to fix it and borrow a track pump. In almost the same location it happened again! doubled back to fix it! Third time lucky, no! This time on doubling back I borrowed his front wheel and went for a ride with the other mate. About 25 miles later, the ride got a bit rough, this time a rear p'ture :-( Some how the 37mph gusts didn't seem so bad when all that was taken on board after all that! 40.5 miles in total.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Extended a 5 minute trip to drop a couple of books back to the library into an hours jaunt involving hills and an extremely strong wind which was a pig to ride into. Most refreshing however!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A ten mile loop to 'test' the power of the gales fo mrs-craigwend to decide wether to ride later, it was early dusk which turned to dark very soon

I had been 'donated' mrs craigwend old front-light to add to mine, twas as she described utterly rubbish, must fettle to improve it, or at least use as back up.

The most 'memorable' thing apart from an owl flying the lanes, was passing a farm as the pigs were being loaded, do they know their fate? It certainly sounded like it...

A bit better on the p'ture front today, none :-), the weather was pretty miserable though unlike yesterday :-(. I had a wee bit of a tickly throat last night so I gave this mornings ride a miss but when I got the text at lunchtime from another mate, I went out for a 31miler with the obligatory cafe stop, it was also an excuse to try out my birthday present :thumbsup:

64 miles today, here: http://bit.ly/z1Q2M4
My first proper ride of the year after suffering a cold on top of my asthma. (I haven't had a cold since easter ... how rude). I should be back in the swing of it now.

Todays ride was up the "fenland hill" from wisbech to morbourne ridge (the other side of peterborough).
Head wind all the way, never got over 11mph until i reached the shelter of fengate.

Saw some fellow cyclists around haddon/morbourne who i think may have been from one of the peterborough clubs? (I was wearing a backpack, high vis vest, silver helmet, black bike).
Three came past and then peeled off down the haddon road, then i caught another three up.

I'm pretty sure they practice black magic, because 2 miles after i overtook the second group on a hill i got a puncture. (First in 1000+ miles).
That'll teach me to zip past them sitting on my seat holding the hoods while they're down on the drops standing on their pedals. :blush:

(Don't worry lads, i wouldn't keep up if you were racing rather than chatting).

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had a short ride out with the wife this afternoon,11 miles her third ride out and she is getting used to it, and enjoying it

debbike1.jpg

Paladin - York

North Yorkshire.

Home - Marton-in-the-Forest 596684 - Stearsby 610712 - Snargate Hill 608722 - Gilling B1363 615770 - Cawton 645766 - Hovingham 666759 - nr Terrington 655710 - Whenby 630699 - Stearsby 610712 - Marton-in-the-Forest 596684 - Home.

24.84 miles.

Cool - light winds - dry - offroad wet, muddy with puddles. On road mainly dry.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
a whole 1.5 miles with my daughter on my newly finished ex Sigma tri bike now single speeded , hard work due to the fact we were using pavements so much , but testing miles under belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom