Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
26 very wet miles on the fixed. So dull I needed lights. Only a few other loons out. Decided not to stay in and watch Utd. Must try that again.

30 miles around my usual loop. Wisbech-emneth-stowbridge-wiggenhall-terrington-walpoles-wisbech.
Theres two 30 feet climbs over the river ouse bridges, and then three 50 feet climbs over flyovers, so not all flat and boring,
although the old relentless fenland wind was still there, meaning while i could hold an easy 20mph one way, 14mph was the limit the other!
(I never draught ... that's cheating).

I led the club ride today, unintentionally as when we turned up at the start no one else was volunteering so 51 miles on the front for my stupidity, me and Mrs TF only ones on fixed and at one point on my not so clever route is a 2 mile climb. Now knackered and contemplating donating my tiny brain for medical research.

I led the club ride today, unintentionally as when we turned up at the start no one else was volunteering so 51 miles on the front for my stupidity, me and Mrs TF only ones on fixed and at one point on my not so clever route is a 2 mile climb. Now knackered and contemplating donating my tiny brain for medical research.

Nowt wrong with a bit of solo work.

Terry Kay

1.5 miles into work, second time out with the new clipless pedals, first time trying pulling up on the hills..
Can't walk now..

MattHB

Proud Daddy
My first 40 today :smile: Planned it with a challenging hill in the middle, turned out to be more like a mountain! Still managed an average of 14.5ish! Not too bad for a laden hybrid I spose.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
40 miles...I thought pretty fast along the A259 as I have changed my saddle position and I felt lighter...then this skinny roadsnake shoots past me at double my speed...holy %*$! how does anyone ride that fast??????

I guess he was half my age, size, faster bke, probably not ridden the 36 mile si already had, or even seen a hill right...likely full of energy pils or something as well...I'll keep telling myself that^_^

postman

Legendary Member
Hooray i finally got out today.32 miles last six nearly wiped me out.Legs went and a dizzy head.Started off windy that went ,a bit of rain that went, a bit of cold that went.A little bit of sunshine that went.Finally i went.Just out to Otley then Askwith left up and up to Low Snowden then dropping at speed back into Otley.A stop off for a cup of tea in Bramhope thanks to my mate Gareth.We needed that.All in all a good day out.First ride since October.

colly

Re member eR
A brisk run out this evening after the traffic had cleared.

My Mrs was off to yoga this evening so it was either sit at home gawping at the tv, working, doing paperwork or going out for an hour or so for a ride. The bike won out, so it was 20 miles on a cool dry moonlit evening.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/481830

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom