Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Last time I rode with my brother he mentioned that he wasn't happy with his average speed (usually around 10mph) so today I persuaded him to come out on one of my regular routes to the south of Shrewsbury.

We did just under 17 miles at an average 12.6mph which I thought was a good improvement for someone who doesn't cycle regularly, especially as we had a fairly unpleasant headwind for the return leg. He's knackered now but has a grin so it can't be that bad.:thumbsup:

Nearly there

Veteran
3.48 miles for me heard a noise stopped checked my bike over seemed ok went down a hill looked at my back wheel bit of a wobble on stopped checked it snapped spoke:sad:probably made it worse going down the hill before i realised what was up,phoned her indoors to pick me up.Surprised its taken this long by the amount of potholes etc ive hit Oh well off to lbs i go.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
No great mileage for me but just explored some different roads from Chatteris to Manea...no respite whatsoever in the fens from the wind, but...just find a gear that works, 14mph, wind against me, so not bad. Spent most of my time on the drops mind.
Saw my first Skylarks today on two different occasions, warbling away high up.

The usual DCC bun run for me today it was deceptively rapid, 18mph average out of town for the bun run but it was fun :smile: It was a bit of a chilly start, however and most folk had some element of winter clothing, except one and he didn't even have gloves:rolleyes: We were lucky with the weather after that though, we got a few spits but nothing prolonged, its so nice descending in the dry :becool: The wind was a bit trickier though, strongish, chilly and seeming to come from all directions but the same two experienced riders decided to stay on the front all the way and done well to battle it :bravo: Hence why it was fast without seeming too fast. There seemed more of us initially when we left the Glen Gates but when we got to the cafe (Vanilla Pod) we were down to 12, I guess the rest stopped in the Logan Lea (Forrestmill) or Cafe des Fleurs (Dollar) :becool: . Back in the Vanilla Pod, I thought I'd try their lemon drizzle for a change and it was very nice indeed :smile:

lanternerouge

Veteran
Just did a 10 mile spin in the Cheshire Lanes - and very peaceful it was too. Trying to experiment with a slightly higher cadence as I think I've been grinding it too much without realising. :smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
47 miles with the cycle group, with a clipless moment less than a mile in. :blush: It was a bit chilly up on the Quantocks today, the ordinarily stunning scenery was masked by a cold and at times rather damp cloud. Still, a fantastic lunch and excellent service at Blackmore Farm cafe near Cannington. Well worth a visit if you're in that neck of the woods.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
GF went on Bikeability course today so I took the opportunity of having a 2hr pootle around Loughborough. She really enjoyed her day and found everyone friendly and the staff running the course excellent. I went everywhere exploring 1 way streets taking the opportunity to get to know Loughborough better. Next week I think I'll plan a route and explore further afield (weather being acceptable :whistle:). Route I took is on my Sports Tracker.

snorri

Legendary Member
A strong icy wind from the north with showers of hail and sleat, a day for the indoor hobbies.

Rob500

Only 26 miles today. Looked lovely outside gazing from my window.
Oh!!!!!! How I was deceived. B********* wind. 26 miles of hard graft.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Down to Hammersmith Bridge, along the river to Mortlake, once round Richmond Park amongst the grim-faced un-friendlies, and thence to Barnes. I met Des O coming the other way on Chiswick Mall and we had a brief chat.

Gentle fun.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
If SWMBO allows it I'll try to get out on the road bike tomorrow. I went out on MTB today as I knew I was only going to be pootling. Trouble is, she wants to go for a walk :whistle:. There's plenty of decent footpaths from here and quite a few places we want to explore. If the weather's good we'll be walking tomorrow. Put casserole on low and come back to a tasty meal mid afternoon :hungry:. I'll have plenty of time through the week after work for:bicycle:. Good ain't I? :angel:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cut my club run short when we passed maybe 7 miles from home as my legs were like lead after i had taken some big turns at the front into a nasty cross wind and i am still getting over a cold so full of phelgm.
Mind you the squats i was doing last night might not have helped ....
41.25 miles in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom