Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octet

Veteran
Just done a ride up to the Inert Waste facility (no idea why I decided to head up there but I did) making 20 miles in total and averaging 20 MPH (I like it when the sums are easy :tongue:).
I'm about to do another 20 miles after lunch, heading into the main town and then along past the airport which should bring me up to just over 100 miles on my new bike in 11 days.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Sixty nine and a half miles to Howden and back booked out as a DIY 100km audax. The ride was over distance but I managed to dip under the five hour mark. The outward leg was done at an average speed of 16.5mph and the average speed dipped below 16 mph at fifty miles. Overall average speed 14.8 mph. There was nothing of note to report.

I'm happy with that.

Trekvet

Yesterday, Sunday went my favourite route to Woodborough garden centre. 50mls. at avg. 14.5mph. Both 750 bottles ZipV1 near dry at WGC, both refilled with ZipV1 and bone dry 3mls from home. They refill my bottles no problem and I take the powders to add at the coffee stop, but I've yet to see others do it. Pleased with average as last time out a couple of weeks ago it was 14.2, so must be doing something right.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
A quick 21 miles yesterday evening, met and rode for a while with a nice chap from Yaxley on a nice carbon Planet X...then a quicker 19 miles this evening at 17 mph average...the last 4 miles at around 20 mph, i seemed to be flying.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Last night I went out for twenty miles with a couple of fixie friends, they told me two more people would be along who were friends of theirs who have just bought bikes. I was a bit tired after the mileage I'd put in over the last few days do had reservations.

The two new friends turned up, one on a Ribble the other on a Felt. They're at least ten years younger than me and cycled with the enthusiasm of new cyclists with their first road bikes. It was awesome! I loved the fact that they were so damned gung-ho but were very road savvy.

Standoff

Routine thirty miler made more interesting by getting totally soaked. May as well been swimming!
But seven miles from home met up with a guy working in my village just behind our house. Last two miles is a climb to the village and whilst I'm killing myself and increasing my max heartrate...he's looking like he's hardly trying! I've got a long way to go before I can match that. Although he had a very nice bike. First time I've rode with anyone other than my son and quite enjoyed it!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Nothing too giddy tonight,just a nice muddy ride up and down the canal after spending the day indoors tiling the kitchen.Got home and heard the dreaded PING ! Front wheel has fell out with me :angry: Must have had too much fun :hyper: As ever some photo's for you to enjoy.
Damp !
006-1.jpg

A bit of lube will sort it !
003-3.jpg

Well worth the busted spoke and mud
007-1.jpg

Yeh,right !
009-2.jpg

My ride.....with mudguards and panniers !
010-1.jpg

The old pit museum at Astley
016-2.jpg

Canal at sunset
012-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom