Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
65 miles all in all, I set off with the intention of a steadyish ride directly to and from the bike shop, somehow this turned into a hard tempo ride, my bottle fell out of my cage and went under my wheel, so that was a bottle gone, got a new 1 litre bottle, did not have any breakfast, and all I ate for the whole ride was 1 bounty, so was pretty knackered and by the time I got about 10 miles from home I was struggling, still 65 miles at around 21mph avg. http://app.strava.com/rides/18928536

Also add to that I was wearing bib longs over my shorts and arm warmers.

Strava is a drug, I've gone and put course points onto a GPX file for a few segments.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Did a fairly slow 30 miler in the sun, but couldnt resist trying to improve on a couple of Strava sections. Cycled up a closed fenced off road, for which i came 94/99 on Strava despite a quick stop to use the builders portaloo :biggrin: Bit sunburnt now too, will probably take it easy tomorrow too.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Went for a lively 60 miles with mattobrien and 4F to try out my Frankenstein single speed. I kept up with them just about, either that or they were very gentle with me.

http://app.strava.com/rides/62miles-18994954?ref=1MT1yaWRlX3NoYXJlOzI9dHdpdHRlcjs0PTU5NjIzMg==

Managed to knock into the top ten on three Strava segments and learned that I need to buy some gears.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I've been in desperate need for some hillclimbing exercise, so I set out to plan a route seeing how many OS map chevrons I could pack into a single ride. Quite a few, it turns out!

115 km and just under five hours later I have returned with very weary legs. A highly rewarding ride, though, spectacular views from the area around Beecraigs Country Park, and from Black Hill.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Short local loop for me today about 18 miles after yesterdays longer 70 mile ride. Felt ok but not really strong enough to be trying for any Strava segments. Missed most of the rain that has descended on the North West today, so all good.^_^

potsy

Rambler
13 drizzly miles on the TPT, stopped for a coffee at Chorlton water park.

Scotmitchy

Whoops, forgot this thread and started my own [blush]

i did eight miles along the River Forth with Miss Mitchy, busy at parts, quiet at others, on paths, on the road and off road, with lots of stunning scenery and lovely warm weather. Scrumptious.

65miles with 6942ft of ups and downs on my Salsa Mukluk Fat Bike as part of my Isle of Man End2End training.
On road Liverpool to Rivington, off road and up and down loads of techie stuff then on road back home again.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm seriously tempted to head out again so I can beat my own PB for number of miles cycled in a single week...

Sandra6

Veteran
Set off this morning with Mr6 on his mtb in search of an off-road route a customer at work told me about - we didn't find it.
We did explore a few possibilities but they all proved to be on road - really rotten gravelly pot-holey roads!
Eventually found a track across fields, then just fields, a couple of stiles and finally a wood - which was fun. Turned into a gravelly road, like a fire road, out to the road proper. Came to the end of the line, big metal gate, lots of barbed wire and a sign "no unauthorised personnel beyond this point" Whoops.
Back onto the main road, and we finally worked out where we were! Lovely down hill glide, with Mr 6 going like the clappers to keep up -which is a first! Hybrid 1 MTB 0
Just had the joy of cleaning them both off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom