Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@PeteXXX
lol If I had followed my original plan and gone out with my cycling club I would have met you in Salcey Forest and we would only know we did after posting in 'Your Ride Today'... :laugh:

Awwww... Next time mebe :smile:
I was the only cyclist there today. Usually there's a few around to chat and swap routes with.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Cornwall !!!! Had our family holiday back in our favourite county last week and even though we were threatened by super storms the weather was very kind resulting in amazing wave scenes on the coast, blue skies for the majority of the week with a dashing of torrential rain at night when we were all snuggled up in our caravan ! The MTB came along this year as I was determined to have a few short rides to explore the area we stayed in. As ever photo's to show what I had to put up with :whistle:
On route at Tintern Abbey
CornwallOctoberTintern2013005_zps4bfa549f.jpg
Lightning fighter at Castle Air Helicopters near Liskard
Cornwall2013CastleAirLightning0_zpsd4dba43e.jpg
St.Micheals Mount
CornwallOctober2013012_zpsab1ea463.jpg
Sea at Kynance Cove full of big waves and sea foam
CornwallOctober2013054_zps019518d9.jpg
CornwallOctober2013061_zpse69a5710.jpg
CornwallOctober2013095_zps2143cb36.jpg
Cycle path from Marazion to Penzance
CornwallOctober2013359_zps79698ca9.jpg
CornwallOctober2013360_zpsd9bb3bed.jpg
Small harbour with the tide out in Penzance
CornwallOctober2013363_zps1a376ca7.jpg
Great photos! Love this one in particular.

The superstorm that the weather people were bleating about just gave us scenes like this all week.....might take my holidays in October again !

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Round two people, as you can imagine I absolutely love Cornwall and would live there in a heart beat if funds and jobs were available !
Penzance rock sign and a little friend
CornwallOctober2013373_zpsedcbf413.jpg
This area was wonderful to explore by bike, in all the years I have been visiting I never knew this was here because we drove past it and missed it !
CornwallOctober2013225_zps80166166.jpg
River Hayle with cycle path up to Godolphin house
CornwallOctober2013222_zpsc0a10f5e.jpg
Marazion rock sign
CornwallOctober2013015_zps7266530b.jpg
The lanes can be a tad tight but I never had any issues with the locals
CornwallOctober2013249_zps9f928f0f.jpg
No visit to Cornwall would not be complete without a mooch at an old tin mine
CornwallOctober2013246_zps715f342c.jpg
CornwallOctober2013234_zps43fd8daa.jpg
This is where we have been returning to for the past 9 years on our visits to Cornwall,it's a wonderful site with very nice managers
CornwallOctober2013378_zps9a4fb5e2.jpg
Daytime parking
CornwallOctober2013389_zps9a4c81ec.jpg
Night time parking and no the hair thingy is not mine !
CornwallOctober2013259_zpsf6049dc0.jpg
Hope you enjoyed the photo's,i will be back next year still dreaming of not having to drive back up North !

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Very nice pictures @skudupnorth
I have to say you neck of the woods looks lovely too judging from the pictures of your rides.
On holidays it always looks rosier: it's the "no work" factor ime ^_^

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Very nice pictures @skudupnorth
I have to say you neck of the woods looks lovely too judging from the pictures of your rides.
On holidays it always looks rosier: it's the "no work" factor ime ^_^
Cheers Pat,our area has some great places but I do love Cornwall and that's one reason why I dropped out of the motor trade to go back to college and gain my countryside management diploma so I might have some sort of chance of getting down there one day. Work is a big issue down there so I will keep dreaming and watching the National Trust web site for work ^_^ Whilst I am waiting I will keep Potsy and Co company on the cake runs :birthday:

D

Deleted member 23692

'Marazion' ... I just love the word :becool:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
@BigonaBianchi Always love your ride reports and pictures.

@skudupnorth Love Cornwall, I go out with the Penzance Wheelers when I go down there (5-6 times a year) also when you are next down the MTB trail coast to coast from Devoran to Portreath is amazing through all the old mines.
Cheers for that,i will check it out but I have a feeling I will have my herd of kids following me next year......I think I must have looked like I had too much fun !

A night ride for me last night. New lights from Lidel still going strong. A ten mile run round the town. Instead of the odd driver telling me " he cant see me " i had a driver stop and say I WAS DAZZLING HIM such is the power of my new light system. Cant win. The normal diet coke break at Tesco was replaced by a Costa coffee break from Tesco which was ace and warmed me up on a cold night. The only down side was at 1am i'm still lying looking at the ceiling with my eyes pinging about my head and i'm up at 4:30am to get ready for earlyshift.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom