Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I know it's cheating:whistle: but today I felt so 'rough' that I decided to ride inside..on the turbo...Just a few days of not putting in the miles and my body seems to have discovered riga mortis:eek:This hip pain is getting worse so I decided to take it easy and chose a relatively flat work out somewhere in denmark!

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=446681

Total15.8mi00:44:2000:43:19
Warm up0.1mi00:00:3300:00:33
Main15.6mi00:43:1900:43:19
Cool down0.1mi00:00:2600:00:26
Min.Max.ClimbDescent
Slope-5.0%5.75%339ft576ft
LegendIn totalIn motionWhile climbingNormalizedMax.Type
Cadence (rpm)898988-114
Calories (Kcal.)626626303-2040
Power (watt)220.9220.9243.9232.5519.6
Speed (mph)21.721.717.7-43.4

No photos because that really would be cheating:laugh:

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
its not cheating...ive been doing indoor sessions all week...bike was in for repair...got it back today...and was flying on the thing on the way home....anyway 4hr gym sesh and an hour turbo for me today

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just over a month off the bike following surgery ! Got permission for a quick spin from the missus. Quick 10 miles off road up the Trans Pennine and up Werneth Low. Rather muddy, but good fun. Called into Polocini Cafe, but was too late - he'd closed !

Slightly tender first couple of miles, but absolutely fine after that. Some proper off road and some big hits !

Will drive to work next week (to keep the peace) then back to cycle commuting week after (6 weeks post surgery - as recommended by the surgeon).

MTB7.JPG
MTB5.JPG
MTB6.JPG

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Just over a month off the bike following surgery ! Got permission for a quick spin from the missus. Quick 10 miles off road up the Trans Pennine and up Werneth Low. Rather muddy, but good fun. Called into Polocini Cafe, but was too late - he'd closed !

Slightly tender first couple of miles, but absolutely fine after that. Some proper off road and some big hits !

Will drive to work next week (to keep the peace) then back to cycle commuting week after (6 weeks post surgery - as recommended by the surgeon).

View attachment 32270 View attachment 32271 View attachment 32272
:becool:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
:rain::cry:P!ssed it down most of the morning AND a trip to the jobcentre as well....win win or what? Luckily the sun decided to come out to play [very] late this afternoon, so just time for a quick spin to West bay, BB, Uploders, Loders, West Milton, Mangerton, Bradpole and back home again. It's getting dark in them thar lanes but lovely moon [the one in the sky that is :whistle:].

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
60 mile club ride over the Cat and Fiddle and a few hills around Rainow before and some other bumps after. Was cold, icy patches in places! 2 deckings, 2 punctures, 2 dropped chains and an exploding mudguard, none of which happened to me, luckily, hehe.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Despite the torrential rain this morning and the forecast of even more to come, I dragged my rather reluctant self out of bed and having donned the waterproofs and put an extra jacket and glove liners in the rack pack in case additional layers were required, set off to meet up with my cycle group for what turned out to be a 30-something mile ride around the Vale of Taunton Deane, stopping for coffee and cake at a garden centre.

Sounds good, non? It was. Especially the cake. There was, however, one slight problem. It didn't rain. It stopped just before I left the house but rather than regrouping and letting rip, the dark clouds looming overhead as I cycled into town decided to give it a rest and instead gave way to their paler, rain-free cousins, even allowing the sun to break though on occasion, making the still sodden leaves on the trees glow like beacons. Very pretty - and pretty darn miserable for anybody who was dressed for rain. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I managed to cause some confusion amongst the animal-loving but food-ignorant visitors to the garden centre when I went to say hello to its resident pigs and having charmed the aforementioned animal-lovers by chatting to the pigs and giving them back and chin scratches, gave them one final scritch and bid them farewell, saying (in a loud voice) that it was time for a cuppa and a bacon sandwich. :giggle:

In the end, I didn't have a bacon sandwich as the cake selection was too appealing. :hungry: It took me ages to decide but in the end went for what has to be one of the best creations ever - a toffee apple flapjack, which consisted of a layer of cooked apple sandwiched between two 'slices' of moist and delicious flapjack, topped with a generous layer of toffee. It turned out to be the perfect choice, not least thanks to the chaos caused by what I thought was a perfectly simple coffee order - a large Americano with only a single shot of expresso, with milk. I was given a large mug of filter coffee and a small cup of expresso. After much :scratch: from me and the woman who served me, it turned out that they don't actually sell Americanos. I tried to make the point that if they'd just told me that when I placed the order, I would have changed it but it all got very complicated for reasons I still don't understand so I gave up and accepted what was given with good grace, much to the relief of everybody else who was waiting for their drinks and cake to be brought to the table. :wacko:

Despite the coffee confusion and the contrary weather, t'was a good ride, especially as we went down a hill we normally go up. :wahhey: And did I mention how good the cake was? :hungry:

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
Donned the Winter cycling garb and headed out for my first ride since early October :hyper:. It was quite chilly for the first couple of miles as I headed out of Shrewsbury, along the old canal path (with a couple of squirrels darting about) to Uffington. It was lovely and :sun:and so I began to warm up quite nicely as I climbed up to Upton Magna and then up Haughmond Hill. There were a few cyclists and plenty of walkers about, including 1 chap coming down Haughmond Hill on a Mountain Bike and his seat was set so low down that I swear his knees were at the same level as his chin :laugh:! Maybe that's what you do on a Mountain Bike though?

I then headed down the lovely mile straight, cruising at 25mph to Somerwood and Rodington Heath and onto Walcot. I stopped for a brief photo of the Wrekin, looking lovely and autumnal in the sunshine

IMG_0365.JPG

I then continued on in the direction of Charlton, as far as the busy main road and doubled back to the bridge below, for a brief photo of the weir on the River Tern and it's very small Waterfall!!

IMG_0366.JPG

I took the road towards home along the national cycle route 81, through Withington. I was passed by a very friendly chap on a bike, who exchanged pleasantries with me over the lovely weather. I had noticed how very friendly everyone was being today, even the car drivers were passing me with plenty of room and at a leisurely speed!! :wahhey:

It was back to Upton Magna, where I had a bit of a moment as I passed through an area where Severn Trent were working. They had very helpfully left a small trench in the road, with no warning of it, and my tyre dropped onto the lip of the trench and slid along it as I wrestled to keep the bike upright :eek:. The old ticker was beating a little quicker for a few minutes, as I continued back into Uffington.

Along the old canal path I encountered the 1 miserable git on today's ride. He was walking on the left hand side of the gravel path and so I rang my bell in plenty of time to give him warning that I was there. He stopped, turned round to see what the ding was and then continued to walk, but moved more into the centre of the path to give me less room !!! He therefore had a close pass from me, as I had no other option. :cycle:

18.71 miles
Avg Speed 11.2mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom