Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I promised our lass I wouldn't go for a long ride today and that I would be home by 11. So set off just after 5:30 with no route in mind, just shy of 84 miles later I get back into the house about quarter to eleven to find she and the youngest had gone shopping.

Was a very chilly start again but the sun soon came up and after a few hours it was lovely. A few cyclists out and about as well

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Working from home today so just a quick 6 mile commute.

The usual Hare and Hounds training ride for me. I hadn't slept well kept up all night by tooth ache :-( There was a good amateur photographer on the night though and when I get back I'll add some shots to this post. By the time I got back last night I had done 52miles and was tempted to take some photos but the temperature was dropping and the light was almost gone.
10251964_10152345502454450_3463003547342460082_n.jpg

Last edited:

Peteaud

Veteran
Todays ride was to meet an ex work mate (now retired and i work at a different company but we keep in touch, and it is thanks to him that i ride a bike as he got me interested in it again when i started working with him).

We decided to meet up approx 1/2 between our homes in a village called Fivehead. I was late, he was early, but we ran headfirst into each other as planned within a mile of where we had planned. Then headed immediately to the cake stop :hungry: (Curry mallet P.O) for a natter.
After leaving the cake stop we headed across the levels before splitting up, him heading back towards Langport, me towards Barrington.
Not many pics but really really good day catching up and the Supersix putting a massive grin on my face as normal.
Blue sky, warm, Supersix, coffee, cake, friends, nothing beats that.

large.jpg

Nice quite lanes

large.jpg

Blue sky.

large.jpg

Springtime in Somerset.

large.jpg

Only in Somerset :laugh:

34 miles, means i am well on track to beat last years miles :smile:.

Oh what fun today, got 8 miles before Eileen had a visit from the fairy, so once repaired off we went again only for her to get another visit..............repaired again and off again.................I hate that fairy............Eileen had 3 punctures in 15 miles so home we headed before the fairy could catch us up again.

Still a decent ride as far as comical rides go, new tyres and tubes are on the agenda tonight.

Tough luck Dangermouse, hopefully that's your quota for the year.

I really hope so but very much doubt it, anyway she has 2 new Michelins on their way from CR so if we have ordered early enough they may just get here tomorrow as they are pretty fast delivery from there, will get some slime tubes from Wilkos........only a fiver each and Eileen gets staff discount:thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'd organised to take Doug on another long (for him) ride today so we headed off round the loop I did the other day taking in The Quarry, Upton Magna, Wroxeter, Cressage, Acton Burnell and Condover. It's nice :sun:out there again (I could get used to this :thumbsup:) but a bit cooler than yesterday.

Doug got on well at the start but found the lumpy section between Wroxeter and Acton Burnell quite tiring and riding against the wind as far as Cressage didn't help much so that he was flagging a bit by about 20 miles. This is an improvement though on some recent rides.

It was nice to see plenty of other riders out today - I'd normally only see that many out at the weekend.

Although he was running out of puff by the end of the trip Doug did manage a short detour around the block to get a nice round 30 miles on his speedometer and I don't think his moving average of 11.6 mph was too bad either. He's still got work to do to build up to that 48 miler in June but it looks promising.^_^

DSC0000769.jpg

Blossom on Roman Road.

DSC0000771.jpg

Quite a few folk enjoying the sunshine in The Quarry.

DSC0000773.jpg

At Wroxeter.

DSC0000781.jpg

A nice pastoral scene on the way to Cressage.

DSC0000782.jpg

Flagging, but still going at Pitchford.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Oh what fun today, got 8 miles before Eileen had a visit from the fairy, so once repaired off we went again only for her to get another visit..............repaired again and off again.................I hate that fairy............Eileen had 3 punctures in 15 miles so home we headed before the fairy could catch us up again.

Still a decent ride as far as comical rides go, new tyres and tubes are on the agenda tonight.
At least you're philosophical about it.:thumbsup: Is there a better excuse for nice new tyres?:whistle:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Had a lovely day out today, smashing weather, took the mountain bike westwards along the Kennet and Avon canal to Aldermaston then on to bicycle emporium known as Pedal On, where the very nice chaps there helped spend some not inconsiderable amount of queens on some new cycle shorts, a shirt and a bone dome (which was 50% off in the sale).
01-IMG_0528.JPG

A lovely day today
04-IMG_0532.JPG

My new steed.
06-IMG_0535.JPG

I met a nice bloke here, who lives on a barge just beyond those trees. Lucky sod.
07-IMG_0536.JPG

Lock in...
08-IMG_0537.JPG

Lock out...
11-IMG_0541.JPG

My new bone dome.
12-IMG_0542.JPG

Cup of tea and a sarny? Go on then. This place used be crap but its got new owners now and is a pretty good for a break
13-IMG_0543.JPG

Trying to take "arty photos with an iPhone. FAIL!
14-IMG_0544.JPG

Proper cup of tea, made with loose leaf tea. Posh or what.

Sulham to Tadley.png

Last edited:

Wayne Tully

Down in Cornwall at the in-laws, the wife and MIL went to the hairdressers leaving one thing for me and the FIL to do, get the bikes out :biggrin:

Went for a little 25 Mile spin, some nice climbs including a beauty of a 27%er coming out of Cadgwith, we are on a club ride tomorrow so didn't want to push it but we certainly had the weather.

big.jpg

1619634_10152344360384165_3044044687510450702_n.jpg

big.jpg

1487442_10152344508464165_7818451340573425503_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom