Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards80

Über Member
Excellent weekend of riding. Tested my wife's possible bike commute on Saturday and destroyed my rear tyre on a broken teacup :wacko: that someone had kindly left in the road, fortunately didn't puncture the tube though so we made it home :smile:

Got the bike sorted for my 2nd intro ride with the Manchester Wheelers on Sunday - Through Tatton, up "The Wizard" and onto Alderley edge etc. Great fun - I'll be joining the club this week.

Odd moment when we cycled past a bunch of gents dressed in civil war garb, all holding rifles/swords. There was a civil war re-enactment on apparently :biggrin:

lanternerouge

Veteran
Is there another intro ride this weekend then? So annoying, I've just moved away! Don't know where I'm going to end up living :/

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
Enjoyed a nice 27 mile ride from Chester to Delamere Forest and back via Tarvin and Mickle Trafford in the glorious sunshine

doctornige

My ride today was a thought in my head ... then it hailed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Damp and Windy into Mcr. Got chatting with a guy who had passed me yesterday (yes someone was rude enough to pass me :whistle: ) - that said I was waterproofed up, so keeping speed down so not to boil. ;)

Anyway, he did say he had been drafting two of us for a few miles, then took the chance. I did give him a good run today though - had him hanging on, then we took it easy having a chin wag. Can't do that in a car !

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I went out this morning hoping to beat the showers, which I mostly did. 26 miles down to the Leebotwood area with a hilly bit in the middle (highest point was 1053 feet ASL) and some pretty good views. Something nice was that a hare ran down the road in front of me for a while.:smile:

Something that slightly irritated me on the way out was that I stopped to let a 4x4 past on a narrow lane. This is not unusual at all but as the guy came past instead of the thank you that I usually get, he haughtily says "you should have stopped in the layby back there" and indicates a small passing place about 300 yards back which I had already passed well before seeing he was coming. Arrogant twit!:thumbsdown:

I'm glad that most rural motorists in Shropshire aren't like that.

mr Mag00

rising member
nearly 2 hours with my better half was nice as we dont do it often as she is not that good, yeet, i hope she will kepp at it andn improve, cycling obviously!

The usual DCC Bun Run for me. The only thing of note after staying up to just after 1am to re-fit my full mudguards, the ride was 95% in the dry with only a light shower. What was a pain however, was having to tighten the brake mount to stop rubbing and my front QR getting damaged :-( The Lemon Drizzle cake and coffee was good though :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom