Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No ride over the weekend as I was watching the Moto GP at Silverstone. So this morning I decided I needed a new jersey. A nice 13 mile ride to lbs & back to pick one up. A quick lunch & I was back out on a training ride for my 50mile charity ride.

http://www.strava.com/activities/79496718

Have still got a chest infection so the majority of the ride I was coughing nothing up, but it will NOT stop me from riding!!

if you have a chest infection, rest up. I did the London to brighton with a chest infection - took me 8 weeks to fully recover after that.

hopefully youll be right for the ride - best of luck

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A mate and I went around a newish trail near Corby today.. What a blast!!
The trail is supposed to be 5km, but we did 20 and still never found the route... lol

We were the only 2 bikes on the trail, which was lucky as we weren't sure if we were riding up or down some of the newly made sections! Still, once it's fully open I'm sure it'll be signposted. Still, it was good to be out on it before it gets discovered!!

Scar Tree.jpg

Off Piste, the nettles were harsh, and I can still feel a tingle on my shins and arms from brushing through the b*ggers! Still, the fun of the day will outlast the tingle!

^_^

Met up with a mate last night for a ride in the Fens, geez it was blowy only 15-16mph burt no hiding place. This was the central part of our ride (I've removed the bits that go tou our homes, 4 miles through town). Was just about dying half way, my lungs felt goobut my calves were worn out, bizarrely came good the last 5 or 6 into a slight headwind but mostly side (a NW).

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Had a very enjoyable ride yesterday morning. A lovely day always helps.

First pictures I took: hengistbury head

20130902_112754-vi.jpg

20130902_112322-vi.jpg

We stopped here with a mate to enjoy the sunshine.

It was such a lovely morning and the beach was very inviting but I was wearing my cycling hat this time.

Shore Road ( Sandbanks)

20130902_131857-vi.jpg

20130902_131910-vi.jpg

Next stop was by the Sandbank's ferry - A few people catching the sun..... going nowhere :smile:

20130902_132932-vi.jpg

I then made my way to Poole where I wanted to stop by a secluded little park next to Poole park itself.

20130902_140750-vi.jpg

Hoping to repeat the ride this evening...... must do some work now then :smile:

28+ miles in all

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
70 miles today with a top speed of 43.5 mph and moving ave lower than of late at 15.1mph (I blame the scenery!)

I set off with a belly full of pasta from last night and headed out on a new loop I had put into my gps via bike route toaster. The route took me to familier towns but via unfamiliar lanes. The main waypoints were :
Worthing> Shoreham>Houghton & Bury hills>Midhurst>Chichester>Littlehampton and back.

The lanes between Chichester and Midhurst are a real delight to cycle through and I found myself grinning from esar to ear as I rode around wishing everyone I could a cheery ‘Good morning!’, mostly to surprised faces wondering what I’d been smoking.

I saw three dear in the middle of a quiet lane and the dog from the john smiths advert helped me find a cool cycle path near a military aviation museum! I stopped at the village store on the way into Midhurst where the guy ripped me off and charged £1.89 per tin for monster energy…well I thought he did…because later in the ride I found the most expensive Monster energy in the UK yet…take a bow Esso @ £2.09 a tine!!! WTF…it was £1.16 in a village shop on a ride last week!...best I get fit enough to ride without the dam stuff me thinks lol!

I had wanted to take lots of pictures but my camera had a fit and told me there was no sd card..and then locked up after only a few shots.

It was humid and mostly overcast and warm today, lots of midges and flys…and one butterfly ended up in my gob, but I have to report it tastes the same as horse fly.
Car drivers were behaving well up until the usual morons on the coastal A259..these idiots are like children…no scrub that, kids are decent people, these are just inferior life forms in tin cans…bit like a tin of snails or something…anyway…nuff of them.
As I got back to the coast as usual I could feel it cool right down and the wind pick up, there was also a sea mist coming in. If I didn’t have to ride through the coastal strip I’d be a lot happier, it’s ugly and bloody dangerous in places. In land though we have some of the best cycling I have experienced anywhere.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
On the way back it was down to lidl for the shopping and the usual odd looks from people as a lycra clad sweaty smelly giant spaceman joined them at the check out !

Last edited:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
@BigonaBianchi
When I used to stay at my brothers place in Angmering, I found quite a few back roads below the A259, & used to just cross into them, suggest you take a look at a map of the area, obviously it will take longer than the main drag, but at least it kept your morons away.

kipster

Guru
Took the short commute home at a sprint to make sure there was enough light left to get eldest son out on his new road bike (Triban 3 Red which was delivered yesterday). Got in 10 miles which was more than enough to inform me that the gear set up needs a bit of adjustment, I know what I'll be doing on Saturday afternoon. Still he did well for a lanky kid with ginger hair on a red bike :thumbsup:

Archeress

Veteran
Did about 21miles today. No Strava as I was preserving the battery on my phone. First was a trip down to the Mall at Cribbs Causeway and back to have lunch with Mr Archeress. Then later popped over to my GP surgery for a counselling session for my depression. Then leaving the surgery at just shy of 4.30pm in Bradley Stoke rode down the A38 (Gloucester Road) and over to the Cathedral for Evening prayer. I got there at about 5pm so was happy with the ride time.

I had a bit to eat afterwards down by the floating harbour, and then at about 7.30 I headed home, climbing up Park St and then Whiteladies Rd to Clifton Downs before turning off through Henleaze, Southmead and Filton back onto the A38 and home.

Had a lovely bath when I got home and now settled down in front of the delishious Gary Sinise and CSI: NY.

Hugs
Archeress x

Linford

Park street....I struggle to walk up there when I visit Brizzle :biggrin:
I had a flat in Tyndalls Park rd behind the BBC building for a while back in the mid 80's. Shockingly expensive....I guess it still is though

Archeress

Veteran
Park street....I struggle to walk up there when I visit Brizzle :biggrin:
I had a flat in Tyndalls Park rd behind the BBC building for a while back in the mid 80's. Shockingly expensive....I guess it still is though

I'm happy to say I got all the way to the top and on up to the downs without stopping (except at red lights of course). I was very surprised to find that I wasn't even in bottom gear when I got to the top at the downs. I did drop to bottom gear on Park St though.

Hugs
Archeress x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom