Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
23 miles in very blustery conditions this afternoon...wind that saw me doing 12 mph on the flat outward bound :sad:..if i was lucky.
Took a route that gave me a head/side wind outgoing in the hope of a tail/sidewind homeward bound...fat chance. Never seemed to get the good stuff, side winds at best.
Managed 14.summat mph average with a dollop of hard work...
IMG_0051.jpg

Angle of the photo was too low, all the background was bright yellow, this pic hasnt done it justice...still, you get the idea. Lots of cowslip at the side of the road, plus one Yellowhammer. A very yellow day.

defy-one

Ok so this is getting freakin crazy now - The good lady needed some bits from our local Tesco garage thingy, I said "I'll go" , and then I went to one 4.5 miles away, rather than the one that's about a mile away. She never noticed the difference, but I squeezed in another 9 miles ;-)
That's near enough 30 miles in 3 days - my post op knee feels great and I can't stop smiling to myself!!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Did 25 miles - first to the garden centre for some tea (and to pay them for the one I didn't have any cash for last week!!) and then via Wallington and Baldock to Letchworth for coffee and a pain au chocolate. Bit of a lumpy one, all in all.

theloafer

Legendary Member
View attachment 9298
coxwold 2012 006.jpg
coxwold 2012 012.jpg
coxwold 2012 016.jpg
coxwold 2012 017.jpg
^_^ great ride today (93.27) 6 of us rode to coxwold for the 86th cyclist service from darlo ...walter(77) lead us down through the lanes and i must say his route choose was excellent:bravo:even if it was a bit lumpy.:whistle: hueworth-girsby-appletom wiske-brompton-kirkby sigston-knayton-upsall-felixkirk-kilburn...the food at coxwold village hall was great as it always is:thumbsup: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/177845602

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's raining, it's pouring (my love life is boring me to tears, after all these years, no sunshine ...)* got carried away there :wacko:
managed the ride home from work in the storm without getting drenched (just cleaned the bike yesterday :cursing: ) to find my greenhouse blown away. Wet poodle look after spending half an hour rescuing my wee plants :sad:
Enough is enough!* It's mid May! No more rain!
*copyright Barbra Streisand

doctornige

Quite funny day. Nice weather here in the Peak but with a bit of wind. I went out, but felt as rough as hell after a night of boozing and a late bedtime. This would be all normal if it was not for the ironic fact that one of the people I was out with was the local LBS owner, who is a former pro. So, I did a wee 8 miles that included getting beeped by a bufty in a Corsa who I overtook in Chinley.

redcard

Veteran
Best ever commute this morning!

Probably because today was the first ever day I had a proper breakfast before getting on the bike. Porridge and a banana. Felt like my legs were strong all the way, and blasted up Hope Street (Glasgow) to beat my best time by 2 minutes. Lights seemed to be in my favour all the way in, blue skies, and cool temps.

Nice start to the week!

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Left wondering just when winter will end after another 14 blustery miles

postman

Legendary Member
Got to Selby we went the right way to Aberford then it went a little bit haywire finished up on a major road.But did get to Thorpe Willouby and to S

postman

Legendary Member
Selby in one hour fifty mins.But we took a more twisty route back Could not face the major road and trucks.So through Sherburn in Elmet.We stopped at the Squires Cafe a watering hole for motorcycles.And we finished by going down the ring road Garforth ,Cross Gates.Not a pretty route but direct.58 miles in all.Not sure i would go again unless someone pointed me in the right direction after Aberford.Useless at map reading.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Today I have been a cycling shepherd.

As today was the nicest it's been for a while I dragged my brother out for a hilly ride round the Oaks and Pulverbatch area. He doesn't ride as much as I do so it was a pretty leisurely pace especially as there are some properly steep bits en route.

On one of the lanes we came over a crest to find a farmer trying to recover some sheep that had escaped. He asked us to stop where we were, as the sheep wouldn't want to pass us, while he opened the field gate. We then drove the sheep down the lane towards him and because his Land Rover was blocking the only other escape route, the sheep scarpered into the field. Success! :dance:

Next stop; One man and his dog bike.

toroddf

67 miles circuit around the Campsie Fells, keeping a respectful distance to the hills... I was delighted to notice that the Milngavie to the Glengoyne Distillery was being resurfaced. That was a very dangerous, expensive road up to now. The Glen Road from Lennoxtown to Stratblane was a new, excellent discovery. A good ride in this February like cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom