Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john59

Guru
Decided to make the most of the weather today, as I’m back in work tomorrow. Left around 8.00am and headed into North Wales. An enjoyable, if tiring ride, 135.4km with 1300m of ascending.

Worlds End.
Worlds-end.jpg

Horseshoe Pass
Horseshoe-pass.jpg

John

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A misty 20-something miles on the road bike this morning and a sunny 12 miles on the hybrid this afternoon. Trying to avoid thinking about the forecast for the rest of the week. Have promised my legs a day off on Thursday and I can't decide whether or not I'm looking forward to it! :scratch:

Monsieur Rickshaw - excellent photos. One of these days I'll stop bouncing and saying "I was there!!!!" :hyper:

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Quick blast round Ledsham and Fairburn, interesting view of myself in the passenger door mirror of a transit as he cut in 'quite closely' and quickly on the way back. Going to have to get some lights for the Sara as the fog fell quickly and caught me out.

Phil485

Had 3 12.5 mile or so rides today. Commuted in and out of work and three of us went for a quick blast at lunchtime. Feeling good now I'm back home with my twins. All fairly uneventful except for a puncture on my morning commute. Three or four strava cups so looking forward to my dinner.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Tis absolutley gorgeous out. another unplanned, unexpected ride on a day that was my last chance for a rest day until next Monday. So day 9 of consecutive rides and now another 5 days before I can get a rest day in.... but what a lovely day to be out.
went out via the A556 into Kelsall, though I would take the quick route to the Vets to pick up some meds for a poorly dog I am dog sitting for (thankfully they didn't need to see him, it is a reoccuring problem, he is an Irish Wolf Hound and they don't fit into many vehicles made worse by the fact he is slightly paralysed in the rear legs, not to mention our car having broken down yesterday.... problem explained, meds dispensed - they didn't even want me to pay :whistle: ). so off to Kelsall, hated the quick route (2 miles and a lot less climbing) and went home via the longer route in Delamere forest - and I was too warm! 3/4 length summer shorts, thin merino wool top under a non-windproof cycling jersey and I was too warm... what a beautiful day it is out there right now...

only proof I have is the photo... the dog being the cause of today's non-rest day! 25.5km in 1hr 11mins... not exactly speedy but then I am not.
View attachment 20044 View attachment 20045
I was in Delamere today with my little 2 year old having a wander !

Spartak