Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Awesome club ride today. I was going to join Rhyl CC but noone was at the meet point so I decided to do a little ride on my own. I headed up a hill (Rhuallt to locals) and came back down via the A55. I wanted to see what speed I could get up to and managed to cruise down at 45mph. The whole time of me being on there I didnt go under 30mph.
I then headed to St Asaph and as I got to the bottom of the high street, saw all the VC Melyd guys on their club ride. So I decided to join them.
We then did about 40 miles down to Llyn Brenig and back. Some good riding, lovely weather, and joyous company. Saw some astonishing views of the valley too.I then had a little chat with some cows on my way home.

A total of 54 miles completed today and I am very tired.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Beautiful day, went out with the enemy today, rode 37.1 miles through the lovely North Oxfordshire country side, up Brill Hill, which is a cow of a hill and back again, just having tea and toast and the enemy has gone out to ride another 35 miles. I have to go to work unfortunately.

Gary E

Veteran
Another 63 miles (Metric Ton) today. Wanted to see if I could do it 2 days running.

I must be getting old. A year ago I was knocking out 100 miles and feeling fine now I'm knackered after 63 :blush:

In my defence, breaking my collar bone last year set me back a fair bit (obviously). Trouble is I can't keep using that excuse so I'm going to have to get out more.

On the plus side the weather was lovely, actually managed a bit of a tan :becool:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just a short one today, into town and around The Quarry with my brother and sister.

Once again the weather is :sun: and as a result the park was very busy, which is nice but did turn the path into a bit of a slalom course.

This was the first proper ride Jen has done on her "new" bike since getting it at the end of March. It appears to be a big :thumbsup: for the Dawes as she finds it much more pleasant to ride than the Raleigh she had been borrowing previously. I may be able to persuade her to join me more often.:dance:

My legs weren't as bad as I expected after yesterday, I may even try another quick ride later in the day if there is time.^_^

Just 10.75 miles this time at a very leisurely 9mph.

DSC01471.JPG

Jen and Doug down in The Quarry.

DSC01472.JPG

Plenty of people enjoying the sunshine.

DSC01474.JPG

On the site of the old Gay Meadow football ground, new flats are nearing completion.

DSC01475.JPG

Heading downstream.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A short 27 mile ride with the the club, rode out to Shenley tea rooms, lovely little spot looks like a nice place to take the Grandchildren, most people on the ride had other things to do this afternoon that's why the ride was so short, but hopefully going out again for an early evening ride with the other half, that is a bike ride.^_^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Please tell me the wind was behind you all the way, there were no hills and you are half my age and weight:laugh:
I am 45 ,145 llbs on a 9 kg bike.
Yes it only had 1500 feet of climbing ....
http://app.strava.com/activities/56397200
Still struggling with my set up since the saddle fiasco , still getting to much road buzz in my hands so after todays ride i dropped the saddle back to its original height and set back to see if that helps.
Some kind hearted members had commented i looked to far backand to low but according to heel on pedal and .889 (modified lemond ) which both give me the same height and saddle tip is about 4 cm behind BB or maybe 1 cm ish behind KOPs starting point.

D

Deleted member 23692

T'was road bike yesterday, which means mountain bike today :smile:. So it was off to Nenthead, to have a go at a circuit I've been meaning to do for ages.

Starting from the now closed Nenthead Mine Museum, I followed the C2C off road route to Garrigill across the shoulder of Flinty Fell.

IMGP1335Medium_zps59c16f2e.jpg

Below is a photo of the good bit! - the section immediately on leaving Nenthead is an absolute joke, and not ridable in either direction. Also the drop down to Garrigill (UUCR) is in a very poor state too.

IMGP1336Medium_zpsc8821a70.jpg

Then from Garrigill, I continued to backtrack along the C2C before taking the old Wardway, which crosses the moor to towards Alston.

IMGP1337Medium_zps9cb07290.jpg

Where the track meets the horizon in the photo above is a lovely stone bench which makes a perfect lunch stop :smile:

IMGP1338Medium_zpsf331f804.jpg

After dropping down to Alston, (which was packed with cyclists), the route climbs back up again to follow the rim of Nent valley back before dropping (sharply) back to Nenthead.

IMGP1339Medium_zps4f943758.jpg

So a very pleasurable 18 miles/ 750m ascent completed on quite roads and old tracks, in lovely warm weather... with the usually strong wind :smile:

Peteaud

Veteran
Nice and warm here and with the sun out Mrs Aud and myself decided to do a longer ride than she would normally do.

Ended up with a 35 Mile (55Km) so she did it. Really leisurely pace and a coffee stop as well so not my normal sort of ride but really great day out with the wife.

Ended up going via Drayton to Muchelney abbey and back via Kingsbury Episcopi.

182943_10201396326456305_205249556_n.jpg

Somerset Signage.

970277_10201396351176923_1541967012_n.jpg

The church at Isle Brewers.

971025_10201396358497106_394151933_n.jpg

Strange building at Kingsbury Episcopi.
(poss old gate house or toll house?????)

263343_10201396362977218_1357173711_n.jpg

The church at Kinstone near Ilminster

Brilliant day apart from my garmin only recording 1/2 the ride! ?Grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom