Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Absolutely pissing it down and had to go to Derby to pick up an ebay win , seller could only do Sunday am so no ride for me on both counts.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Wasn't feeling like a ride today and knowing the forecast I was a bit peed off that the roads were still dry when I got out of bed. An exchange of emails with my pal didn't help - he was going to turn out. I couldn't not turn out under those circumstances now could I? The first one to wimp? Nah - well not this time anyway.

So I joined my pals Jules and John as the rain started very lightly. We took off into the lanes with optimism in the air. It just got wetter and wetter. Rain jackets went on and we continued for a little while until John decided we should cut it short. See - I didn't wimp first. We looped a loop and headed back homeward. Eventually they headed north and home and I turned south (I live a fair way from them). The rain went off for a while but started up again after a few miles. I was well soaked by the time I got back.

Despite not really wanting to go out I actually enjoyed the ride once I got going. It's always better out than in (so to speak) and I got a 50 miler done that I wouldn't have done if Jules had wimped out first.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Rode the Wiggle White Peak sportive today as a replacement for the Cheshire Cat, which was cancelled in March: http://www.strava.com/activities/88809568

A wet day with huge headwinds, with the rain (and wind) disappearing as I turned for home. The vast majority of riders did the 60-mile Short route, with only a few (mad ones like me!) doing the 84-mile Long route.

9eec3c6b670bba81251258274c5b964d.jpg

The route could best be described as 'undulating'; lots of little hills and short descents meaning there was no way of getting into a rhythm. Personally I found it tough as a result, but worth doing.

Last edited:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Did a 100kms charity ride yesterday near Bath, though "bath" isn't quite the right word for it, neither's "shower". By the end, we all looked as though we'd swum the distance, not cycled. :rain::cold:

Spent too much time on A roads, even for me, though I've got to admit that the thought of riding in that rain on country lanes was even less appealing so it worked out quite nicely in the end. Lots of hills including some real lung n leg busters and I was really pleased with myself for getting to the top of them all without once having to argue with myself about whether or not I could do it - just put my head down and imagined what it would be like to get up close and personal with a steaming mug of coffee.

The charity is called Time is Precious, who do so much fantastic work for children who have to spend time in hospital. I've just found out that one of the hospitals they support is Bristol Children's Hospital, where a friend's daughter has spent far too much of her time recently, so here's a cheeky plea ... if you're feeling generous, please dig deep and make a donation.

Berties

Fast and careful!
after taking a aquatic 120km ride yesterday on my carbon road bike,saw the weather had a golden window this morning,so after getting fitted for my 2014 genesis crois de fer on saturday took it for a spin on the flat from henglesbury head christchurch to poole ,beautiful sun above the bay with great veiws of old harrys rock and the needles,spun in through poole park and christened the frame with goose poo,and lunch at harry ramsdens watching a old fellow take a dip in the sea,its a great ride for a recovery day limit for the sea front is 10mph so no need to go to quick ,even though I had to see how fast she could cruise at,with 28 hardskins kept a steady 24mph no problems with more to give, eyed up the 200k plus wooden sheds on the spit opposite mudeford ,
and then back to the motor as the rain came in,a restful dry 30 plus miles

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=426914

Distance Total time In motion
Total 13.6mi 01:24:21 01:21:44
Warm up 0.1mi 00:00:37 00:00:36
Main 13.4mi 01:23:22 01:21:44
Cool down 0.1mi 00:00:22 00:00:21
Min. Max. Climb Descent
Slope -4.31% 8.0% 2819ft 160ft
Legend In total In motion While climbing Normalized Max. Type
Cadence (rpm) 70 71 70 - 182
column
Calories (Kcal.) 1326 1326 1267 - 1414
Power (watt) 243.1 247.9 247.1 253.6 360.2
column
Speed (mph) 9.8 9.9 8.8 - 41.3

Ha that'll teach me to choose a short ride...this one just went straight up the mountain...the problem on the turbo
is sweat...and on this session my rear wheel was covered and caused major rear tyre slippage on the 'climb'.

But...I got 'up' there in what is probably an all time slow time but I got up the dam thing :smile:

This thing is so real it even simulated a broken spoke for me half way up, it's so real that I'll have to replace the spoke
tomorrow!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
did a 100km audex called grid iron in the new forest ,got lost a few times so got up to 120km nasty weather ,most time spent in the saddle was wet,like to say thanks to the ladies on the cyclette ,whilst cruising by them always a sight for my eyes!! and the local wi for putting on cups of tea at the brevet stamps
:thanks: glad you enjoyed the view, we saw some fine specimens too and everybody was very friendly

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
50km mainly dry out of Glossop, Stalybridge, Uppermill, Delph, Staybridge, Glossop. Tried out the Aldi overshoes. Socks still wet when I got home so maybe false economy.
Managed to fall off. Going uphill so pretty slow, heard something from the cassette, looked down and then clipped a parked car's wing mirror. Hit the deck. Thankfully just a sprained finger and a bit of a sore knee.
Better day tomorrow so I will be "on it like a car bonnet" as the youngsters say

A short recovery ride for me; the roads were soaked but I wanted to try the new frame out all was going good not stressing things (pedaling with on left more and putting minimal effort in when I met resistance), then I p'tured, not the end of the earth and the real doh moment was when I got back to the flat and crouched down to plug the Garmin in :sad:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
An impulsive 50 miler this afternoon. Weather cleared up so I thought what the hell !
Climbed 4000ft with a lovely but nippy ride along the cardigan coastline.
Was starving when I got home...... I'm my own worst enemy for not taking enough food with me. Just a banana (wasn't enough)
Cracking spin tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom