Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
A fasted 50 miler into Glasgow today with a supposed tailwind. It must have been mostly i suppose because i was quicker than usual for less effort but it did feel more like a crosswind a lot of the time. This was my first ride after flipping the stem to a more aggressive position. It felt ok generally and a bit more aero in the drops but more quirky steering wise. I was feeling quite tired today so it was mostly endurance with a bit of tempo along the "Kippen flats". I've been timing myself on a 12.5 mile stretch (the out part of a local 25mile TT route) and today i was quicker due to the tailwind on that section for considerably less effort than on previous occasions. I just didn't have the legs today for TT pace (been doing some turbo sessions this week). A few days off the bike now for a family holiday.
doing the kippen straights tommorrow myself...then head up into fintry

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Wet and windy 24 miles. Enjoyed it though.
Spadger's Ride tmrw, 50 mile sportive near Leeds. Forecast is for worse weather tmrw, heavier rain. I'm sure there'll be plenty of spare places if anyone fancies a good soaking :biggrin:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Just a pleasant 17 miles to drink coffee at a mates house, eat cake, advise on how to re-assemble his front forks, drink more coffee and then back home.
The nearest things to a drama were when a kamikaze pidgin dive bombed me and flew between my front wheel and frame, and in Lings Woods (my local Nature Reserve) the storage container was alight and the Fire Service were squirting water at it.

http://www.strava.com/activities/88533081

Linford

Took the opportunity to ride yesterday evening given the forecast was so poor for today, 2nd time doing this full climb now, half way up a Category 4 gradient and looking over the west of Cheltenham from Daisybank , and getting to this point is beginning to get easier (can't believe I've just said that). I may leave the metric century until the spring now as the weather is getting iffy to be so far from home, and instead just focus on doing the hills in the area to build a bit of fitness....can still easily make a 30 mile ride out of them if strung together.

Daisybank.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had a day off much to wet for an enjoyable ride, first Sunday i have missed for a very long time, still i did get a nice 40 miles in yesterday, and the weather looks to be getting a bit brighter at the moment, may give it a little bit longer, then i might see if i can get a quick 20 in.^_^

Berties

Fast and careful!
did a 100km audex called grid iron in the new forest ,got lost a few times so got up to 120km nasty weather ,most time spent in the saddle was wet,like to say thanks to the ladies on the cyclette ,whilst cruising by them always a sight for my eyes!! and the local wi for putting on cups of tea at the brevet stamps

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=426351

Got back from a trip to GatportAirwick and decided it would sheer lunacy to ride in this foul weather, so jumped on the new Bkool trainer
selected a route in central Spain and went for it...tea on the table...thinking ha...at least I'll be dry...but Noooo ...I'm dripping, totally
saturated in sweat...but at least no cold.

Total 29.5mi 01:39:03 01:37:55
Warm up 0.1mi 00:00:28 00:00:28
Main 29.3mi 01:37:55 01:37:55
Cool down 0.1mi 00:00:38 00:00:38
Min. Max. Climb Descent
Slope -8.81% 7.73% 1568ft 1524ft
Legend In total In motion While climbing Normalized Max. Type
Calories (Kcal.) 1314 1314 947 - 2378
Power (watt) 205.1 205.1 221.9 213.9 605.6
column
Speed (mph) 18.1 18.1 13.7 - 56.3

Hats off to those who did brave it out there !

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Did this today http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/th...tive-reunion-sunday-13th-october-2013.138629/

Signed up on Wednesday when the weather 'tricked' me into thinking it might be 'warm' (I would have done it anyway)

The weather was not warm today, nor dry, nor 'calm'; my normally waterproof-ish gloves* eventually just became a receptacle of water, likewise my overshoes & then' under shoes', the pad's on my shorts became a 'sponge' for road spray, my merino beanie just a 'heavy sodden' rag under my helmet, only my e-vent jacket kept my upper body temperature stable. (* when I took the gloves off at the feed stop; I could not get the liner back into the right glove properly, either it being curled into the palm of my hand or in the next finger hole 'sharing' the little space it had)

The wind; oh the wind, when you have to gear down, going downhill to get momentum, the winds a 'good-un' ; the sun came out for the last 10 miles, though the surface water managed to keep the rain momentum from the ground upwards.

I normally pootle round in summer; though today pootling was less attractive, so paradoxically my time was better than usual...

This may have been enhanced by 'new' (for part of the ride) riding partner 'Bob', who even though his back wheel buckled & dished, still kept up a better pace & eventual time than me, on his first sportive...

My back hurt for most of the ride (old disc problem) it was; wet, cold & v-windy,
my late season fitness level is 'wanting' , though as usual I thoroughly enjoyed the whole occasion, being mindful of the people who the money will go to, some of whom may never get the 'opportunity' to have a good old moan in such an event

67miles, 4hrs,55 riding time

BigG-Reunion-Oct13-239_zpsef0f3624.jpg

BigG-Reunion-Oct13-149_zps8b3d9b5c.jpg

BigG-Reunion-Oct13-56_zpsed83a96a.jpg

BigG-Reunion-Oct13-157_zps872cd891.jpg

BigG-Reunion-Oct13-216_zps8a13e521.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom