Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
A bit later getting out than planned as the dogs were mucking about and then I discovered that my front tyre was flat. Did I fix it? Did I hell. I simply nicked hubbies front wheel from his Boardman and stuck it on my bike.

I followed my usual route from Wymondham down towards the hospital but bypassed my usual turning and popped a couple of hundred yards further along to Cringleford and then turned Left up the 'no through route' road, only there is a through route for bikes and it brought me out near to the hospital, so probably only added 500 yards to the route. I just wanted to see where it went and to gawp at the posh houses.
From there I followed the road along to the B1108 and then headed back towards home as it was pitch black out there on account of it being October already (Its really snuck up on me this year). Once over the double roundabouts that go over the A47 I turned left and rode through Little Melton and on and on and on to Wymondham. At Tuttles Lane I could see that I had only ridden 15.5 miles. Well, that's just rude so I turned left and did a little loop of that side of town and then back to Tuttles Lane and home via Harts Farm Road which gave me a grand total of 21.09 miles in 1:34:37.
My total average speed was 13.4mph but not sure what my moving average was as it seems my bike computer won't talk to Hubbies wheel magnet dodad. Who cares anyway. It was fun.

Dont forget to tell your husband to fix his flat :giggle:

Peteaud

Veteran
With Wednesday being my day off and Mrs Aud working all day it was ok to play:hyper:

Decided to do a route i have never done before, i have been meaning to do it all summer, but kept putting it off, so today was the day.

The weather forcast said sunny untill 4pm so after letting all the school run cars get off the roads :whistle: i headed out.

From Chard i followed the Stop Line NCN 33 route south along some pretty muddy lanes (buit keeping off the chard - Axminster road) through Chardstock and over the Weycroft bridge at Axminster.

large.jpg

Pub at Chardstock.

large.jpg

Little bridge at Chardstock

large.jpg

Had to be done :thumbsup:

Just over the main bridge is a new bit of cycle path that to be fair is pretty good (if ruined by dog mess everywhere) it brings you out into the centre of Axminster.

large.jpg

Spangly new bridge for cycle path .

Going through the town you then have 2 options,

large.jpg

I chose the legend that is the route that is liable to flooding, but also...

large.jpg

Has a low head height (this must be to stop the Devon Trolls from living under here):laugh:

The sun was still shining at this stage and the Axe valley was looking stunning in the sunlight

large.jpg

River Axe

However, looking over to the west dark clouds had been gathering..

large.jpg

Is it going to :rain:?

Rode the final few miles into Seaton wondering if the rain was going to start.

large.jpg

Historic Bridge.

large.jpg

Looking East, nice and bright.

large.jpg

looking out to sea, dark and gloomy

Made it back home after a nice 35 miles and the garmin and RWGPS with 10m of each other at 680m or 2000ft of climbs.

Now having a coffee and a cake:biggrin: before giving the bike a wipe down.

full.png

Today's route.

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
With Wednesday being my day off and Mrs Aud working all day it was ok to play:hyper:

Decided to do a route i have never done before, i have been meaning to do it all summer, but kept putting it off, so today was the day.

The weather forcast said sunny untill 4pm so after letting all the school run cars get off the roads :whistle: i headed out.

From Chard i followed the Stop Line NCN 33 route south along some pretty muddy lanes (buit keeping off the chard - Axminster road) through Chardstock and over the Weycroft bridge at Axminster.

large.jpg

Pub at Chardstock.

Today's route.

I visited this pub a few years back, when down that way on tour with my Cricket Club! It was a lovely pub and we actually managed to beat the team we were playing, which has only happened twice in 15 years of touring!!!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just a shortish ride this afternoon as the weather cleared up a bit. My route was into Shrewsbury, through The Quarry & along the riverside out towards Uffington, then over to Atcham, Condover, Lyth Hill and home.

It is a wee bit breezy (17mph gusting to 30 according to the Met Office) so it wasn't the fastest ride ever and my right knee started to hurt about halfway round and steadily got worse as I went on.:sad: I pulled it on the ride with @gavgav the other day (don't know how) and it obviously hasn't recovered properly yet.

Despite that and a close pass by Uffington:thumbsdown: it was nice to be out: I had the wind behind me between Uffington and Condover, the countryside is starting to look properly autumnal & there were rabbits on the path at Sundorne and pheasants at Atcham.:thumbsup:

The distance was 19.9 miles and the average speed was 11.9 which isn't too bad considering.

DSC02081.JPG

Carved into the town side of The Welsh Bridge.

DSC02087.JPG

Down in The Dingle. The centrepiece of the Quarry park.

DSC02088.JPG

St Chad's from The Dingle.

DSC02091.JPG

The new development on the Gay Meadow site is well under way. I can't help thinking of Asterix and The Mansions Of The Gods when looking at this project.:giggle:

DSC02092.JPG

The new Atcham Bridge as viewed from the old one.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Are you out in Madrid :sun:? It won't let me into the user "BOAB" just the history tab.

Oh how I wish ^_^.... no mate I'm in my living room in front of a virtual reality turbo trainer kidding myself i can do a triathlon in Madrid while the rain and wind pound against my window!

Great fun though...although not the same as a real ride of course...but I kept up the pace...ish...

So far my top speed on this thing is 54mph ....:laugh:...but that was down a serious hill and there is no need for any braking because as the consequences of a fall in my living room arnt as catostrophic as a fall down a spanish hill:laugh:

Its a pretty intense workout though...no stopping and messing around with my camera or talking to sheep:cry:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
No ride at all today...still suffering the after-effects of last night's Dads' Night Out, and the weather's just foul - loads of rain, and high, gusting winds. I'd almost forgotten just how nasty it can get.

London Female

Über Member
Oh how I wish ^_^.... no mate I'm in my living room in front of a virtual reality turbo trainer kidding myself i can do a triathlon in Madrid while the rain and wind pound against my window!

Great fun though...although not the same as a real ride of course...but I kept up the pace...ish...

So far my top speed on this thing is 54mph ....:laugh:...but that was down a serious hill and there is no need for any braking because as the consequences of a fall in my living room arnt as catostrophic as a fall down a spanish hill:laugh:

Its a pretty intense workout though...no stopping and messing around with my camera or talking to sheep:cry:

Are you crying because you miss messing around with your camera or you miss talking to the sheep?

Just a shortish ride this afternoon as the weather cleared up a bit. My route was into Shrewsbury, through The Quarry & along the riverside out towards Uffington, then over to Atcham, Condover, Lyth Hill and home.

It is a wee bit breezy (17mph gusting to 30 according to the Met Office) so it wasn't the fastest ride ever and my right knee started to hurt about halfway round and steadily got worse as I went on.:sad: I pulled it on the ride with @gavgav the other day (don't know how) and it obviously hasn't recovered properly yet.

Despite that and a close pass by Uffington:thumbsdown: it was nice to be out: I had the wind behind me between Uffington and Condover, the countryside is starting to look properly autumnal & there were rabbits on the path at Sundorne and pheasants at Atcham.:thumbsup:

The distance was 19.9 miles and the average speed was 11.9 which isn't too bad considering.

View attachment 30662
Carved into the town side of The Welsh Bridge.

View attachment 30663
Down in The Dingle. The centrepiece of the Quarry park.

View attachment 30664
St Chad's from The Dingle.

View attachment 30665
The new development on the Gay Meadow site is well under way. I can't help thinking of Asterix and The Mansions Of The Gods when looking at this project.:giggle:

View attachment 30666
The new Atcham Bridge as viewed from the old one.
Nice report and pics Phil. You did good with that wind to contend with. Hope your knee gets better . Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom