Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Nice one @ColinJ. That looks like a cracking route. So pleased you are getting back to the lean, mean fighting machine of yore. :smile:
I'll look forward to some more rides from HB in the coming months. :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Fab pictures Colin and great to see you are back out there :thumbsup:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A bit later getting out than planned as the dogs were mucking about and then I discovered that my front tyre was flat. Did I fix it? Did I hell. I simply nicked hubbies front wheel from his Boardman and stuck it on my bike.

I followed my usual route from Wymondham down towards the hospital but bypassed my usual turning and popped a couple of hundred yards further along to Cringleford and then turned Left up the 'no through route' road, only there is a through route for bikes and it brought me out near to the hospital, so probably only added 500 yards to the route. I just wanted to see where it went and to gawp at the posh houses.
From there I followed the road along to the B1108 and then headed back towards home as it was pitch black out there on account of it being October already (Its really snuck up on me this year). Once over the double roundabouts that go over the A47 I turned left and rode through Little Melton and on and on and on to Wymondham. At Tuttles Lane I could see that I had only ridden 15.5 miles. Well, that's just rude so I turned left and did a little loop of that side of town and then back to Tuttles Lane and home via Harts Farm Road which gave me a grand total of 21.09 miles in 1:34:37.
My total average speed was 13.4mph but not sure what my moving average was as it seems my bike computer won't talk to Hubbies wheel magnet dodad. Who cares anyway. It was fun.

A bit later getting out than planned as the dogs were mucking about and then I discovered that my front tyre was flat. Did I fix it? Did I hell. I simply nicked hubbies front wheel from his Boardman and stuck it on my bike.

I followed my usual route from Wymondham down towards the hospital but bypassed my usual turning and popped a couple of hundred yards further along to Cringleford and then turned Left up the 'no through route' road, only there is a through route for bikes and it brought me out near to the hospital, so probably only added 500 yards to the route. I just wanted to see where it went and to gawp at the posh houses.
From there I followed the road along to the B1108 and then headed back towards home as it was pitch black out there on account of it being October already (Its really snuck up on me this year). Once over the double roundabouts that go over the A47 I turned left and rode through Little Melton and on and on and on to Wymondham. At Tuttles Lane I could see that I had only ridden 15.5 miles. Well, that's just rude so I turned left and did a little loop of that side of town and then back to Tuttles Lane and home via Harts Farm Road which gave me a grand total of 21.09 miles in 1:34:37.
My total average speed was 13.4mph but not sure what my moving average was as it seems my bike computer won't talk to Hubbies wheel magnet dodad. Who cares anyway. It was fun.
Appologies if its teaching you to suck eggs; did you have your LED's on flashing they sometimes interfere with a wireless signal, you might be able to reduce this by moving the receiver (computer) and lights further apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom