Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I see the resemblance. It's probably amazingly efficient blah blah blah and will win awards for the architect but still how can someone design something so out of keeping?
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes. There's a few monstrosities I can't believe got permission:thumbsdown:, but this isn't the right thread to go into those really.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
just had a look outside......chucking it down gonna be wet one for me today

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Had an eventful ride with the club today, one crash involving three of the guy's front wheel hit rear wheel and down they went, i just managed to swing out the way and missed going over the top of them, phew another guy had a mechanical soon sorted that, then i had a puncture also sorted quick enough, but on the whole a nice 50 miles.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A simple 19 mile hilly loop which was made noteworthy by the elements ...
  • 17:40 Sun was low in between the hills to the west and casting a wonderful glow - a beautiful evening!
  • 17:45 Something nasty is happening about 4 miles to the west - the sky is red, but blackening rapidly!
  • 17:50 Aaargh - here it comes!
  • 17:51 Somebody has turned the world's lights out! The sky is black and the most torrential rain is falling. My mate and I leapt off our bikes and sheltered under some big trees. Only about 1% of the rain was getting through, but we were soon soaked.
  • 17:58 The worst of the rain has passed. It is now merely raining heavily, and only half dark. My pal had lights on his bike and decided to head home rather than come back to mine to cause puddles on my kitchen floor. I had to take the Calder Valley Cycleway back because the delays and premature darkness had caught me without lights and I didn't fancy getting squashed by a vehicle on the A646. Got home like a drowned rat and left puddles of my own on the kitchen floor while I made a mug of tea. Chucked my sodden kit on the floor and went upstairs for a soothing Radox bath.
Not a bad afternoon, really! :laugh:

Last edited:

London Female

Über Member
I went out on a joint ride with two groups I cycle with, Wantage CTC and Oxford Isis. It had its ups and downs, I had my second puncture in the past 7 days, another rider had problems with brakes and someone fell off. The plus side was, the sun did come out for most of the ride and we only had rain during the last mile. It was a lovely ride through some beautiful parts of Oxfordshire with some great company.

robjh

Legendary Member
After much of the day spent tinkering with my bikes, I didn't get out till 4pm, and went to scout out the main features of a ride I'm leading next week. The rain had stopped, a low evening sun came out and I really got the best part of the day. Darkness gradually fell and the moon came out, but I had most of the little roads to myself and the gentle dusk light was very atmospheric. Unexpectedly good ride.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
a couple of nice early am weekend rides , normal 11 mile ride yesterday on sue with a sticky bottom bracket so a bit harder than normal , and today 7 miles on a newly finished stead that is under going some testing miles , so far so good .

what i dont understand how at 7.30 am people expect to get seen with no lights on , 2 stealth roadies this morning !!

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
23 miles out on the roads combined with a 21 mile spin in the house....had to switch to the orig excavador 35s.....front gatorskin ripped right through...thanks to a sharp stone....the excavadors were faster than i expected avg 17.4mph avg rpm 86...normally about 1mph faster on the gators....waiting on my 4 seasons arriving...but i'll be running the nobblys for the commute this week...before doing battle removing my back wheel for the weekend

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

Today I just rode along the beach road and soaked up the people, the wind the waves etc. Got chatting to Vera for half an hour, she was wonderful, just sitting on the beach watching the waves like me.
Vera is single and lives alone just down the road ...shame she is 91 !

Very very windy today so the windsurfing were out in force as were the dogwalking peeps who only walk the dog at weekends judging by how fat both dogs and owners were.

So not a ride really, just a morning on a windy beach with a bike.

(apologies some pics came out humumgos...it's an app in my phone and pilot error)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom