Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
:rain:Raining windy horrid outside so I stripped off and rode naked around the Barcelona Triathlon course :bicycle::bicycle:! I'll spare you the photos today :laugh:l!

http://www.bkool.com/bkoolSessionHistory/showSessionSummary?sessionSummaryId=431921

Total 24.0mi 01:12:03 01:10:45
Warm up 0.1mi 00:00:12 00:00:12
Main 23.9mi 01:11:30 01:10:45
Cool down 0.1mi 00:00:20 00:00:20
Min. Max. Climb Descent
Slope -4.01% 4.59% 573ft 583ft
Legend In total In motion While climbing Normalized Max. Type
Cadence (rpm) 82 83 81 - 105
column
Calories (Kcal.) 927 927 587 - 1537
Power (watt) 198.2 200.3 219.6 208.8 391.6
column
Speed (mph) 20.2 20.4 18 - 38.7
column

London Female

Über Member
Done my first proper trails/towpath trip today. Through the Almondell Country Park and Union Canal, as well as cycle paths with a little road riding. 16 miles in total...

Have to say - loved it ^_^

View attachment 31132
View attachment 31136

That looks a beautiful place to cycle through.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
:bravo:
200km audax - the good companions from Mytholmroyd.

Well me and @Martin Archer started at 7am in Mytholmroyd.

Everything was ok till 100km, I started to feel flaky - huh I thought, no big deal, the cafe stop's only 5km away. I had 2 egg beans on toast and a coffee and 2 diclofenic as my injured elbow was giving me some pain.
We worked out we had an hour in hand, great everything's going to plan.

Got back on the bikes and I knew something was wrong, I felt awful, really weak and nauseous. Queue the next 65km of purgatory. Martin, bless him, stayed with till Whalley, and wanted to stay with me until the end. That made me feel guilty because I knew he could easily finish before the cutoff, so we parted ways.

At 170km, I had a decision to make at a junction 3 miles from home and still on time at 15km per hour overall. Do I go home or try and make it? I felt really ill at this point and decided to get drinks at the nearby local shop. The weather also deteriorated at this point as well, the roads were flooded it rained so hard.

After having a rest and a drink, I suddenly became macho and mtfu and decided..."no, this 200km keeps alluding me, not this time, no way". I knew it'd be slow and outside of audax rules, but I just wanted the 200 in the bag.

So off I set, 180km - projectile vomiting, 183km - more vomiting, 187km snapped spoke, 191km - top of my street and even heavier rain, I decided I was too close to the 200km to fail now, so the longest 9km of my cycling career followed and every lap I was 100 metres from home....

200km done! I'll post the ride up later, it was at 13.9km overall average and an hour outside of audax rules so I can't enter it as a DIY..who cares.

"Arte et Marte"...oh yeah.

Martin texted to me to say he'd completed it in time so I'm well chuffed for him, he could easily have done the whole ride inside 7 hours he reckons.

Martin, it was a pleasure meeting you again and thank you for the support and patience with the fat lad at the back.

Yesterday 24 miles from Aglionby over the Wetheral Viaduct (I give way to the ped's), Up past Corby Castle (those railings look a lot better than when the Howards owned the Castle) On to Castle Carrock and down to Talkin Village, round to Talkin Tarn and down past Brampton Junction station, round to the A689 and down through Brampton to rejoin the A689, turned off for Newby East and then down through Little Corby to join the A69 at Warwick Bridge. Started in damp conditions with a mild head wind and finished in the dry with a great tail wind. Very enjoyable and mainly light traffic. Excellent run but I found the first 1/4 rather tiring, then I found my riding legs.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My first ever 100 miler yesterday!
I'd never done more than 60 miles before, so it was quite a step up in distance for me.
Route here: http://app.strava.com/activities/90259461
Surprisingly my legs feel OK today, though I am a little "saddle sore" :blush:

Having completed this, am I now qualified to grow a beard, buy some sandals and start entering audaxes?
Well done! :bravo:

I don't know about the beard or sandals but I've been finding the idea of an audax tempting since doing my century.

There seems to be a rush of people going for their first 100 at the moment. I wonder what's causing it?:scratch:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Oh how I wish ^_^.... no mate I'm in my living room in front of a virtual reality turbo trainer kidding myself i can do a triathlon in Madrid while the rain and wind pound against my window!

Great fun though...although not the same as a real ride of course...but I kept up the pace...ish...

So far my top speed on this thing is 54mph ....:laugh:...but that was down a serious hill and there is no need for any braking because as the consequences of a fall in my living room arnt as catostrophic as a fall down a spanish hill:laugh:

Its a pretty intense workout though...no stopping and messing around with my camera or talking to sheep:cry:
hi - i aint stalking but i have been trying to find the conversation you had about a week ago about buying a virtual turbo trainer - sounds like you got one but it was a toss up between the dear one or the not so dear one - what one did you plump for and whats the verdict - i am after one that i could maybe virtual race other real people around the globe ( until i realise that everybody is quicker - then maybe do courses on my own ) sorry to bother you but if you could show me the link i would be very grateful - cheers

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
hi - i aint stalking but i have been trying to find the conversation you had about a week ago about buying a virtual turbo trainer - sounds like you got one but it was a toss up between the dear one or the not so dear one - what one did you plump for and whats the verdict - i am after one that i could maybe virtual race other real people around the globe ( until i realise that everybody is quicker - then maybe do courses on my own ) sorry to bother you but if you could show me the link i would be very grateful - cheers

Hello mate!

I bought a Bkool trainer here:

http://www.questadventure.co.uk/bkool.html?searched=bkool&advsearch=oneword&highlight=ajaxSearch_highlight ajaxSearch_highlight1

and signed up to the gold monthly deal for the videos. I also bought the floor mat.

So far so good. It's got everything I think I could want. The turbo is solid and the resistance is strong and reflects the hills and wind pretty well.
The software requires a good wi fi connection or cable from your laptop so th evideos can stream well.

There are lots of videos to choose from, but the 2013 tour stages have a .50 euro charge...so being a tight fisted git I ride the 2012 rides. Its mostly a spanish set up, vuelta everywhere. There are individual and multiplayer options. So far ive only done individual. It doesnt come with a heart moniter strap if thats your thing.

I hook it up to my flat sceen tv set but you could ride facing a laptop screen i guess.

The bkool website interface is a little confusing but im getting there.

I did install the bkool app in my phone and even managed to get a gps file from it into the bkool sessions section so i can ride that ride again inside (but without video)...not a lot of point for me but a neat feature if you are training for a specific course I guess.

Do get the mat..it stops the bike slipping and protects against sweat and noise through the floor. On th eissue of sweat I havent seen so much of th estuff since the heat of Kansas last year! ....it's not like a real ride as there is no wind to take the stuff away...yuck!

I find myself pushing much harder on this thing than in the real world. You have your ride stats on the screen in fron tof you and in some rides you have other cyclists etc all of which brings out your 'OMG I dont want the shame of being last' instincts!
Its definatly a real workout rather than a leisurely ride!

If you do get one from there tell them i sent you!

PM me if you need more ..Cheers.

:smile:

Dibs

Veteran
That looks a beautiful place to cycle through.

:thumbsup:

Some of it is... ^_^

In fact most of it is! I was really surprised by the routes that I had no idea existed!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Hello mate!

I bought a Bkool trainer here:

http://www.questadventure.co.uk/bkool.html?searched=bkool&advsearch=oneword&highlight=ajaxSearch_highlight ajaxSearch_highlight1

and signed up to the gold monthly deal for the videos. I also bought the floor mat.

So far so good. It's got everything I think I could want. The turbo is solid and the resistance is strong and reflects the hills and wind pretty well.
The software requires a good wi fi connection or cable from your laptop so th evideos can stream well.

There are lots of videos to choose from, but the 2013 tour stages have a .50 euro charge...so being a tight fisted git I ride the 2012 rides. Its mostly a spanish set up, vuelta everywhere. There are individual and multiplayer options. So far ive only done individual. It doesnt come with a heart moniter strap if thats your thing.

I hook it up to my flat sceen tv set but you could ride facing a laptop screen i guess.

The bkool website interface is a little confusing but im getting there.

I did install the bkool app in my phone and even managed to get a gps file from it into the bkool sessions section so i can ride that ride again inside (but without video)...not a lot of point for me but a neat feature if you are training for a specific course I guess.

Do get the mat..it stops the bike slipping and protects against sweat and noise through the floor. On th eissue of sweat I havent seen so much of th estuff since the heat of Kansas last year! ....it's not like a real ride as there is no wind to take the stuff away...yuck!

I find myself pushing much harder on this thing than in the real world. You have your ride stats on the screen in fron tof you and in some rides you have other cyclists etc all of which brings out your 'OMG I dont want the shame of being last' instincts!
Its definatly a real workout rather than a leisurely ride!

If you do get one from there tell them i sent you!

PM me if you need more ..Cheers.

:smile:
thanks for doing that - just about to go to link and read a bit more but it seems the way to go for the winter - cheers

avsd

Guru
Did a lovely forty miles today to trip over the 4k for the year to date . Damp but the autumn colours and wildlife made it a wondrous ride. I kept thinking of Van Morrision - These are the days

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lyve_egY8o

The river was swollen, the streams were burbling and the paths waterlogged
Swans were gliding; ducks were quaking and pheasants flying
Gray squirrels scampering, foxes strolling and live stocking sheltering.
Leaves were golden and red, path was covered in a carpet of leaves and twigs

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Short but sweet 4 miles to my mate's house tonight for a cup of tea. Bloody windy, but very warm. More of a tail wind on the way home - yee haa the return 4 miles were a damn sight quicker than the hilly outgoing 4.

BTW, don't know if I mentioned this, but my lights are ace......

Toeclip

Guru
A short ride out to Langdon Hills visitors center for coffee and biscuits this morning, on the way back I caught a heavy shower. So nicely damp when I reached home with just 18 miles on the clock. While out the post had came with my October ` Cycling World ` mag, lovely jubbly.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I was supposed to be gardening today but that was called off due to the weather so when it brightened up for a bit :sun: I grabbed the knockabout bike and headed out for a ride instead. The rainfall radar suggested I wouldn't have long so I did my regular loop out to Acton Burnell and back.

It's surprisingly warm out there and I could have done with shorts really. Being a bit wary of the pulled muscle in my knee I took it easy and all was well.... until around 9 to 10 miles when the knee started to hurt again.:thumbsdown: Looks like I'm going to have to stick to much shorter rides or keep off the bike for a bit.:cry:

The :rain:caught up with me at Acton Burnell so the rain cape has had a bit of use. It's only a very cheap one but does the job, and was fine even though it was pretty windy. That wind was behind me once got to Longnor so the journey back was nice and quick without having to push too hard.

18.1 miles done at 12.9 mph average. Sorry, no photos today as the battery was flat on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom