Your starter for 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Reckon it should be Question-of-Sportised...Paddy McGuinness would shake things up and be a pleasant antidote to some of the pomposity

bruce1530

Guru
If and when JP hangs up his starters, who would be a good replacement I wonder?
It's hard to think of someone with sufficient intellectual breadth and depth, and with the character to host this iconic programme. IMHO it needs to be a polymath for whom knowledge, rather than self, is foremost.

umm - the question master doesn't need to know all the answers and be smarter than the teams. They've got the answers written in front of them. :smile:

They just need to be able to pretend convincingly.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I'm watching but finding it sad because JP's obviously deteriorating and may not be able to do it much longer. A particular sadness because, whatever you thought of him*, he was the possessor of a sharp and acerbic mind. (Parkinson's, lest you didn't know :sad: )

*A fisherman, so obviously not all bad.
*An angler, shirley?
When I saw an episode earlier this week I though for a moment that he'd had a few snifters in the green room before starting, but sadly concluded that you're right.
As for the questions, I punch the air when I get one none of the students know, then I remember I'm probably three(+) times their age(Talking regular UC here - Christmas UC participants I would hope to outperform most of them^_^).
To be fair to myself, I punch the air quite frequently! Not often when the question concerns classical music or nuclear physics, though.
Anyway, we should go for someone who isn't already a ubiquitous celebrity. I nominate Accy.

Top Bottom