Your Top Tips for Cruising the Caribbean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in March with my kids and their spouses.

I've picked up a few tips so far but was wondering if CCers had any other small gems. I think my favourite so far is a wee pack of anti bacterial wipes for when you first arrive in room to wipe over TV remotes and door handles.

yacht.gif

Levo-Lon

Guru
You just put me off with the bacterial wipes

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cannot get Mrs Dave on any boat for longer than Dover-calais. So a cruise is a no no.
She did sort of agree to a cruise & stay around Croatia but backed out last minute.
Some years ago we were on an overnight when......it caught fire:eek:. 02 AM ......pitch black...... we were sent to our muster stations. So I cant really blame her.^_^

sheddy

Legendary Member
I'm told that handwashing is compulsory (like a hospital visit).

Try and spend some money at the ports. I imagine that the locals are brassed off with visitors who get off the ship, just see the sights and get back on the ship.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Take your bike.Do a few laps of the deck.Fit a bell as cruising pedestrians don’t like b………y cyclists,

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Honestly, if you're going somewhere where you're so scared of hygeine that you have to wipe over every surface with an anti-bacterial wipe (which, incidentally, will be replaced by generic bacteria-laden cleaning water every day as housekeeping does its rounds) you might as well stay at home.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I'm told that handwashing is compulsory (like a hospital visit).

Try and spend some money at the ports. I imagine that the locals are brassed off with visitors who get off the ship, just see the sights and get back on the ship.
Not just at the ports, which are dominated by bigger chains. Find places owned and run by local residents, perhaps by going off and doing your own thing at some locations.

Top Bottom