Your Top Tips for Cruising the Caribbean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Honestly, if you're going somewhere where you're so scared of hygeine that you have to wipe over every surface with an anti-bacterial wipe (which, incidentally, will be replaced by generic bacteria-laden cleaning water every day as housekeeping does its rounds) you might as well stay at home.
It does seem to detract from the magic of a holiday if the first thing you do is attempt to deep clean your room.

And I say this as someone who pushes lift buttons with their knuckles

perplexed

Guru
On the bacterial wipe thing - we self-cater, mainly in France, and we have the system down to a fine art. (One of the benefits is that you don't have a 'cleaner' coming in daily with a loppy rag which has been used everywhere else, and undoing your good work).

The dirt which comes off all sorts which appear to be lovely and clean is astounding. Mrs P gets cracking on the bathroom whilst I do the kitchen, including washing up the stuff straight out of the cupboard which we are going to be using. Takes us about half an hour, but well worth doing.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I'd have laughed at this antibac wipe stuff, except that my missus has only just recovered from a bout of what we've just discovered was cryptosporidium.

We are very careful around the house, and with hand washing. We can only surmise it was picked up on holiday (kids had it too, but not as bad as my missus).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
On the same subject, this article is good for a giggle.....

https://www.supercall.com/how-to/how-to-sneak-alcohol-on-a-cruise

Adam4868

Guru
Never been as a passenger but I've worked on them in my younger days.Most people make the mistake of overeating in the first couple of days,take it easy its free ! Dare I say it take some travel sickness pills if you suffer.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
On the bacterial wipe thing - we self-cater, mainly in France, and we have the system down to a fine art. (One of the benefits is that you don't have a 'cleaner' coming in daily with a loppy rag which has been used everywhere else, and undoing your good work).

The dirt which comes off all sorts which appear to be lovely and clean is astounding. Mrs P gets cracking on the bathroom whilst I do the kitchen, including washing up the stuff straight out of the cupboard which we are going to be using. Takes us about half an hour, but well worth doing.
How do you fit your sterilised mop and bucket in your luggage?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Blmey! Never done that... am still alive!

Top Bottom